“Find A Better Option”

Luxury Inn & Suites
Luxury Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I booked the Luxury Inn using thank-you points and I'm sorry I wasted them on this inn. But there were a few positives, so let me start out by being nice: (1) my room was clean and it didn't smell like cigarettes; it was a little shabby, but it was clean. (2) free (and I mean really free) wireless internet; we had no problem connecting at any time (3) great shower - great pressure and as hot as you wanted it. (4) the staff/front desk was always very accommodating to me. (5) location - 10 minutes to Keystone; a little farther to other resorts. if you're a shopper (I am not), the Silverthorne outlets are across the street.

I like a hard mattress, so I had no trouble sleeping. Yes, the bedding was outdated and the "art" work on the walls was pathetic. The towels are threadbare (but I had no trouble getting more) and they do not give you any toiletries (well they give you packets of shampoo/conditioner and small bars of soap), so bring or purchase your own toiletries. The continental breakfast was disappointing to say the least but we made the best of it. I like a nutritious breakfast, so mostly ate whole wheat bread with peanut butter every day. There was a bag of whole wheat and a bag of white bread, butter, peanut butter, jelly. There were only white English Muffins (no whole grain or wheat) And lots of junk - donuts, pastry, etc. No milk for coffee - just creamer. No sign of cereal or fruit. But we brought our own bread and toasted it and made do.

I didn't go in the pool or hot tub, so can't comment on that. My husband and I came away for a rare romantic/ski getaway - and when we got to the Luxury Inn, I was so depressed, we got on our ski clothes and went to Keystone from 4:00-8:00 for some night skiing so we didn't have to stay in the room!!!

I don't know what they charge for a night, but one traveler said they paid $144/night, and I'm sure you can find something a little better for that price. Like my husband said, they left a very important word out of the name of their inn and that word is "no" - NO LUXURY INN!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 23, 2009

If you just need a bed to crash into after a day of skiing, this hotel may be for you. There's an Old Chicago just around the corner. A very basic and very modest hotel for a low price - that's good value.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2009

The "Luxury Inn" is anything but luxurious. The mattress was very old and incredibly hard. I think it was plastic coated, so my husband and I kept waking up in a pool of sweat (and it was wintertime). The bed spreads were circa 1978. The continental breakfast consisted of boxed donuts, bagged bagels, and bread for toasting. The two toasters were not commercial grade, and didn't always work. The pool and hot tub are small, but functional. The pool hours were only from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 pm, so our kids could not swim during the day. The place was cheap, and did seem clean, but if you're looking for a good night's sleep, you might want to pay a little extra to find a hotel with a decent mattress.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Luxury?!!! You've got to be kidding me! I'm guessing that whoever named this hotel didn't know the meaning of luxury.

The first thing we wanted to do after our long drive was relax in the hot tub. So we got our suits on and noticed that our room was only provided with 3 large towels and two tiny ones. So I was kind of curious what we were going to use to shower in the morning.

CAUTION!!! When you step into the pool area the floor slants about 45 degrees. In the crevice of that 45 degree angle water is built up like a little stream. I watched every single person that walked into the pool room trip, and then step into that puddle of cold water. Note: There is no warning sign posted about this step down anywhere.

Now when we looked into the hot tub the entire bottom was covered in dirt or sand. It was disgusting. Here is the most important part. YOU CAN'T HAVE FOOD OR DRINK IN THE POOL AREA! Who doesn't like to relax with a cold beer in the hot tub? If you do you will be charged a $50 fine. I can see a no glass policy but no food or drink at all? lame.

So we returned to our room to notice the fridge only stood on 3 legs, the weakest basic cable ever, beds hard as rocks and a non smoking room that smelled like smoke!

No sleep on the rock beds and having to listen to crazy loud sounds all night we stumbled to the free breakfast where we managed to obtain all of the vitamins for the day as well as all of the basic food groups!.....or not. An orange juice machine that sputters out spurts of water then orange drink, bagels with cream cheese, bread, sugary donuts, and coffee. WOW. Even though it was only 7:30 in the morning the breakfast table was already demolished and nobody was refilling it, the garbage cans were packed full and there was noone at the front desk. I watched two different people stand up there and ring the bell and wait only to get disapointed and leave.

Upon our exit whlist I was brushing my teeth, I looked down into the sink to see used Q-tips smashed into the drain. Sweet!

Don't stay at this dump. You're better off staying elsewhere. And if your kids want to wake up and swim in the pool like I did when I was a kid, don't count on it. It doesn't open until 3.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Ok...so my husband booked the room. I was not aware of which place he booked and was not excited when we pulled up. Even my 7 year old asked if we could stay at the hotel next door (Quality Inn) rather than this one. Not a good start....ugh. Anyway, because I-25 was shut down due to weather, we had no other lodging choice. The rooms were unbelievably dirty and the bathroom smelled like smoke (even though we were in a no smoking room). My daughter is severely asthmatic and we had to keep a wet towel under the bathroom door just to keep the smoke smell out. We asked to be moved but they said they could only move us to a smoking room.
So - now that you know the place is dirty, outdated and smells like smoke...lets move on to the continential breakfast. So, if you like stale donuts, bread and bagels, this place is for you. We checked the dates on all of the items and all were over a week past their sell by date. As you could imagine, we did not eat there.
I am hoping that this review helps you choose a better place to stay! There are alot of better lodging options in Silverthorne and the adjacent communities and certainly wasn't worth the $144 we spent for this dump!
Happy Travels elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank coloradotrigirl
Reviewed March 6, 2007

The beds are older than my grandparents' with springs poking out of them. The hotel staff was incredibly rude ALL the time and if I treated customers that way at my job, I wouldn't be employed. They screwed up my credit card transaction and charged me twice (while fixing their mistake they were rolling their eyes). Forget trying to "relax" in the hottub that's onsight because it's disgusting. The continental breakfast was the only thing decent and how hard is it put out cereal in the morning? Not very, I'm surprised they had that much customer service. Neither me nor my friends will ever stay at this rat-hole again, we'd rather sleep in a gondola.

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank RIKKU13
Reviewed February 25, 2007

We had reserved this hotel a month in advance and when we were to arrive at the hotel, I-70 and all surrounding roads leading to the motel had closed due to inclement weather. I called the hotel as soon as we heard about the closure, and was told that there was a no refund policy and my credit card would be charged for our stay as we did not give a 3-day cancellation notice. I questioned this policy as we had no way of knowing that there would be bad weather or that we would have no way of getting to their location, but it fell on deaf ears. As it turns out, I-70 did open at about 4:30 p.m. and we were able to make it there at about 9 p.m.

We had reserved a suite, but ended up getting a standard room with a refrigerator. The room was clean and everything did work, but it was by no means worth the $120 we had paid for a "suite". The hotel staff informed me that there was a microwave and fridge in the room which was an upgrade from their "standard" room.

The worst part of the experience was checking out. Upon checking out, my credit card was charged for the rate I had agreed upon. When I got home though, I checked my statement and saw that an "authorization" had also been charged for an additional nights stay. I immediately called the hotel and they informed me that they charge whatever card was used to reserve the room a 1 nights stay, to make sure it was a valid credit card number. When I questioned why they had charged me for 2 nights and then an additional authorization (we were only there for 2 nights), I did not receive an answer and was told to dispute it with my card holder. It has taken 10 days to have this charge reversed...

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Summit Inn
Summit Inn
#1 of 21 in Frisco

Been to Luxury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!