“fair room at a fair price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Silverthorne

Days Inn Silverthorne
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Glenwood Springs, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed there last Dec on the way to the W Slope from Denver. As previous reviewers have said, the carpet was absolutely disgusting in the rooms. My socks were black after walking on them. During the night, we were awakened by someone at 2 AM with a very loud tv and phone conversation. The walls were incredibly thin. Yes, it's a great deal but none of that matters if you don't get a good night's sleep. I have to say, the staff was great and knew of our concerns. They said they were doing the best they could. The breakfast was average but ok. Still, unless the property is cleaned up and somehow the noise abated, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
MESA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first stay at a Microtel hotel. The desk staff was very friendly, answering questions about local stores/restaurants.
The room was very clean and comfortable, at a reasonable price.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Cabool, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband & I had stayed at this location several years ago, and remembered how much that we liked it, so we returned, bringing Friends. We each had a large, clean, king room on the 3rd floor (with nice elevator), a vanity outside the bathroom. They were doing renovations, but it did not disturb us, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and efficient, and breakfast was good with fresh waffles, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, pastries, cereals, toast, juice and coffee.

Room Tip: Top floor on back side is very quiet, but no view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Frederick, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

First off, I have to say the staff incredibly nice and were the only great things about this hotel. They deem this to be a smoke free hotel, however, when we went to our room, it reeked of smoke. Come to find out, they are renovating the hotel to be smoke free, and they had only done the first floor. So we were moved to the first floor. During the switch, we were told that the rooms had been renovated, gotten new carpet and had flat screens. They gave us a pick between one of two rooms, and we went with the one that didn't stink, even though the odor of the other was still less than the first. NO flat screen. The bed was extremely comfortable, though. I slept like a rock. When I got up the next day, I happened to look in the corner, and if it was newer carpet, there wouldn't have been nearly as much crap in the corners as there was. I don't think it had been touched by a vacuum for a long time. I went to boil water in the microwave, and had to open and shut the door five or six times before it would even latch properly to turn off the light. Then I had to pray a little that it would work, instead of just sit there with the timer running down. I hit one of the automatic buttons to see if it was me....nope. I advised the front staff, and Megan was great. Fireplace in our room wouldn't work either, as main shutoff was off. Had to have maintenance man come and light the pilot. Didn't take advantage of the breakfast or the 2' deep "pool" so won't write on those. Told Megan I would be ok with a refund of our part, as we had used a certificate on this stay. Nope....still got charged. Kind of cranky about that. The fridge was also GROSS.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

Bonita Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The first person I met was Alex at the desk. He was so friendly and helpful that I remembered his name. The next day when we were leaving the hotel our trunk latch accidentally opened and closed and unknown to us we lost 2 small bags on the street near the hotel. We did not notice our loss until the next night in Utah. We could not figure out what happened to the bags but remembered a dragging sound when we left. At last resort I called and asked for Alex and unbelievable, he had found the bags. Alex sent the bags to us. We had pulled a trailer over them but everything was there. Fantastic person. He would not accept a reward. The motel is right off the interstate and It's undergoing renovation, but is in good shape. It was very quiet and clean and comfortable. They had a good breakfast. If you go there thank Alex for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
#2 of 13 in Silverthorne
4.5 of 5 stars 144 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge
Comfort Suites Dillon

Been to Days Inn Silverthorne? Share your experiences!