“What a HORRIBLE place!”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“What a HORRIBLE place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We asked for a Non-smoking room and it smelled so bad that we decided to pay more and move to a suite. The suite smelled better, but only had one queen bed when we needed two and the kitchenette was dirty beyond belief. The fridge was not clean and smelled like mold. We did not sleep at all. Young people ran up and down the hallways all night long and our neighbors had their TV volume up all night long. Just a horrible experience...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

The property in undergoing renovation. The exterior is done and has more of a mountain feel to it than before. The lobby is done, too and is quite pleasant. The rooms are more than adequate: clean and well equipped. All have coffee makers and some have fridges and microwaves. This isn't ultra luxury, but you're not paying a luxury price either. The place is quite adequate for a pleasant stay in ski country.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

I read some of the reviews, but still decided to give this hotel a try for a couple of nights during a ski trip. My reservation somehow was changed to a smoking room and the only room available was a kitchenette, which was more expensive of course. The room still smelled like smoke and had an ashtray in it. The appliances were at least 20 years old and the walls had drywall peeling off. Even for a "place to put your head" for the night, this place is a nightmare and a dump. I'm local to the Denver area and this is the worst hotel in the Silverthorne/Frisco area- I've stayed at most of them.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

Marysville, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Great location! But... this hotel has been around a while, and needs a remodel job VERY BADLY. It has potential - the rooms all have a mini "kitchenette" area, with long cabinet, kitchen sink, fridge and microwave, so that was really nice. But everything is old, worn and very dated. It all needs to be gutted out, with new carpet, paint, furnishings, etc. It was fairly clean, and didn't smell bad... it's just so old and worn out! Breakfast looked so pitiful that we just went to Village Inn right down the street. The other real turn-off is the people who were working the front desk - they were friendly, but looked pretty rough, piercings and tatoos and slouchy - not very professional.

For a hotel that costs $119 per night, I expect something MUCH better than this. For quality of accomodations, this was more like a $30/night hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with fridge and microwave - not sure if they all have it, but that helps to offset SO...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am truly sorry that you did experience issues during your stay here. We do update the hotel some every year according to budget. We do know we still have some updating to do, therefore our lower prices compared to other hotels in the area. I am sorry but I do not have any employees working here with tattoos and piercings and haven't had any in the last 3 years which makes me unclear on who you were commenting on. If you did have any issues on this person please let us know ASAP so we can resolve it
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Although the hotel was reasonably priced for the area, the rooms were filthy. I'm glad we only needed it as a crash pad for 1 night because the shower was so gross and moldy we didnt even shower. The beds were aweful and the room smelled.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience during your stay here. As we are one of the best priced hotels in the area, there should be no reason why your room was filthy. We do update some of the hotel every year. We continue to do so and I will personally make sure that we are getting our rooms checked every day to make sure they are clean.
Canon City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Staff was friendly and the room was great for the price. Entrance and the Lobby were gorgeous didn't get up in time for breakfast had to leave but it looked and smelled Yummy will make sure next time I stay there to have some!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager-6752, Director of Sales at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Kristie B,
Thank you for the great review. We do try to update the hotel every year. I believe we do have a great front desk staff!
Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

This hotel is way overpriced, first of all. My sister and I stayed in two adjoining rooms that smelled of mold and were only semi-clean. The bathroom by the pool was worse than some I've seen at a truck stop as far as cleanliness goes and we were hesitant to use it. The sauna had a used band aid in it and the pool/hot tub were closed the following day (luckily we were leaving). The staff at the front desk were very unfriendly and unhelpful. I was hardly spoken to upon leaving and was never asked how my stay was, otherwise he would have heard an earful! The untreated hot tub that we used the night before it was closed left rashes on our skin. My advice, pay whatever the LaQuinta is charging (probably the same rate) and stay there instead!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manager-6752, Manager at Days Inn Silverthorne, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
I am so sorry about your experience at our hotel. I don't know how you got to stay in a dirty room. We should have switched your rooms for you as soon as you checked in. I will talk with the front desk agent. All of our staff should be asking you how your stay was with us.
The pool/hot tub is closed for a few minutes every day to be cleaned and for chemicals. I'm sorry that the bathroom and sauna were dirty, we clean it every day and it should be getting check periodically by our staff. Thank you for letting us know about these issues. Now I know that there are some things that need to be changed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Quality Inn & Suites
Silver Inn
Silver Inn
#2 of 13 in Silverthorne
Baymont Inn & Suites Frisco Lake Dillon

Been to Days Inn Silverthorne? Share your experiences!