“Not a Good Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was our 4th stay and we are never staying again. The hotel has gone steadily downhill. Firstly, it is sadly in need of updating: the rooms and hallways are dark, dreary and shabby. Then there is the issue of the internet: it drops constantly, more than 10 times an hour. Then, during the day, the staff changed the password without ANY communication to guests, forcing me to reschedule a conference call I was hosting while working in my room. There is no insulation between rooms, so our neighbors conversations at 4 am woke us all up. The spiral staircases to the loft bedrooms echo as the neighbors go up and down, shaking us in our rooms. As our neighbors sat back against their headboards, it bounced us off our pillows! The toilets are bolted on the walls, so if both you and neighbors use at the same time, it is let's just say bouncy(awkward!!!). There is only 1 waste basket for the whole room. Rooms designed for 4-6 people are equipped with tiny shampoo and soap and 3 scratchy bath towels!!! The toilet paper is more like parchment paper, and the pillows are smelly, nasty OLD goose down. One entire afternoon and evening, the heat AND hot water went out, not good after a long day of skiing. The front desk SAID someone would be up shortly to check... We never saw anyone. The room was freezing during the night and we were so desperately in need of post-skiing showers. Twice I complained to the front desk, who assured us they would credit our bill for the inconveniences but at check out nothing was done. The general managers were NEVER around- even the staff had no idea when they would show up, we tried to find them multiple times during our stay. They don't even have business card with their names on them. The decaf coffee machine in the breakfast room has been broken for weeks according to a staff member, and therefore no decaf coffee at all during our entire stay. One bright spot: the housekeeping staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Still waiting for that call from the general managers.....needless to say, we will not stay here again, nor will our ski friends who visit the area often.

1  Thank ScubaFamilyof4
TimSGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel is a great value for the ski resort area, plus no pet fee. We slept great, ate free breakfast (needs scrambled eggs) , shopped, walked and enjoyed the environment. I have nothing else to say but it want 200 characters which is very frustrating!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

great experience!! thanks for everything! We loved the hotel and the staff! Very friendly and fun hotel to stay at! Best La Quinta we've stayed at!!!!!!!!! Thanks for a great family trip. Even our dog had a great time!

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have happily stayed at many LaQuinta properties over the years and consider them a 2 to 2.5 star chain. This was a last minute trip and booked with Priceline Express (similar to Hotwire), where you get name of hotel AFTER you have paid. Surprised my 3 Star selection landed me at this LaQuinta, but figured it must be a nicer property. I was wrong and very disappointed. It looks nice when you drive up with restaurant (Chicago's) if that is important to you. But that is where it ends. No carts available when I checked in and no one to help me like a 3 star hotel would. Front desk employees were very nice but were busy and did not know where to find a cart any more than I did. Waited 20 minutes outside in my car for a departing group to load up their car to get a cart for my stay on the 4th floor.

The heating/cooling system was a strange, stand alone devise that I now realize displayed temperature in Celcius instead of Farenheit. After pushing buttons to figure it out and find a comfort level, it was too noisy to watch TV at the same time. So heat up the room, turn it off, watch TV, then warm up during commercials...and repeat. The bathroom, beds, linens were okay, but the towels were thinner than most. In the end, I would have preferred to stay at my old reliable 2.5 star hotel next door with better breakfast, towels and quiet rooms. If your idea of nice hotel is screaming kids, dogs barking and listening to the TV in the next room, this is the place indeed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel is perfect, the Management and staff are excellent! Would definitely come back again. Also, the hotel restaurant downstairs (Old Chicago) is great. Perfect for a late night snack or a great meal after skiing or snowboarding. They have great pub
food and a great selection of craft beers.

The rooms were clean, beds VERY comfortable and free breakfast in the morning, perfect right before you head for the mountains.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Silverthorne, Co Laquinta is convenient and centrally located to many ski areas. Shopping and restaurants abound. The staff is courteous and rooms comfortable and clean. Breakfast is included and probably the best of any chain I know of that includes breakfast, and is probably the clincher that gets my repeat business. It's a big help with a family of 4. Also the pet-friendly policy helps if we need it.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on many, many occasions. So much so that the staff knows us by name. We use it when we are skiing. During the summer we use it as a base for hiking trips. The staff is always very friendly. The only thing I would like would be to have some meat (bacon, sausage, etc) with breakfast as it would be nice to have some extra protein for our ski or hiking days.

1  Thank Gary S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Summit County
Keystone Lodge & Spa
Keystone Lodge & Spa
#1 of 7 in Keystone

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!