This was our 4th stay and we are never staying again. The hotel has gone steadily downhill. Firstly, it is sadly in need of updating: the rooms and hallways are dark, dreary and shabby. Then there is the issue of the internet: it drops constantly, more than 10 times an hour. Then, during the day, the staff changed the password without ANY communication to guests, forcing me to reschedule a conference call I was hosting while working in my room. There is no insulation between rooms, so our neighbors conversations at 4 am woke us all up. The spiral staircases to the loft bedrooms echo as the neighbors go up and down, shaking us in our rooms. As our neighbors sat back against their headboards, it bounced us off our pillows! The toilets are bolted on the walls, so if both you and neighbors use at the same time, it is let's just say bouncy(awkward!!!). There is only 1 waste basket for the whole room. Rooms designed for 4-6 people are equipped with tiny shampoo and soap and 3 scratchy bath towels!!! The toilet paper is more like parchment paper, and the pillows are smelly, nasty OLD goose down. One entire afternoon and evening, the heat AND hot water went out, not good after a long day of skiing. The front desk SAID someone would be up shortly to check... We never saw anyone. The room was freezing during the night and we were so desperately in need of post-skiing showers. Twice I complained to the front desk, who assured us they would credit our bill for the inconveniences but at check out nothing was done. The general managers were NEVER around- even the staff had no idea when they would show up, we tried to find them multiple times during our stay. They don't even have business card with their names on them. The decaf coffee machine in the breakfast room has been broken for weeks according to a staff member, and therefore no decaf coffee at all during our entire stay. One bright spot: the housekeeping staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Still waiting for that call from the general managers.....needless to say, we will not stay here again, nor will our ski friends who visit the area often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six-story Lodge off Highway 9 at I-70, adjacent to the factory outlet malls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, LaQuinta, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Silverthorne Dillon
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne Dillon Hotel Silverthorne
- La Quinta Silverthorne
- Silverthorne La Quinta