“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
A TripAdvisor Member
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel is perfect, the Management and staff are excellent! Would definitely come back again. Also, the hotel restaurant downstairs (Old Chicago) is great. Perfect for a late night snack or a great meal after skiing or snowboarding. They have great pub
food and a great selection of craft beers.

The rooms were clean, beds VERY comfortable and free breakfast in the morning, perfect right before you head for the mountains.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Silverthorne, Co Laquinta is convenient and centrally located to many ski areas. Shopping and restaurants abound. The staff is courteous and rooms comfortable and clean. Breakfast is included and probably the best of any chain I know of that includes breakfast, and is probably the clincher that gets my repeat business. It's a big help with a family of 4. Also the pet-friendly policy helps if we need it.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on many, many occasions. So much so that the staff knows us by name. We use it when we are skiing. During the summer we use it as a base for hiking trips. The staff is always very friendly. The only thing I would like would be to have some meat (bacon, sausage, etc) with breakfast as it would be nice to have some extra protein for our ski or hiking days.

1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a great hotel when your family is almost ready for 2 hotel rooms. Lofts in the room are very fun for the kids and you can actually get a hotel room with 3 beds. With teenagers we need more room and this is perfect for us. Free breakfast always is great!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Think this is the third or fourth time we've stayed at this hotel. We like the area and the hotel, and the fact that it's also connected to an Old Chicago restaurant makes it really convenient when you arrive tired and don't feel like going out again and hunting for a place to eat.

The people at the desk have always been very friendly and helpful. The hotel is not new, no, but it's clean and it's quiet and usually, we've had no complaints. This time, however, was just a bit different.

Nothing huge, but the housekeeper needs to get it together. When you check into a room with just two almost empty rolls of TP in the bathroom and no extras and have to run down to the desk first thing to get more, it's really kind of inconvenient. We'd made reservations for two nights and after we got back to the room the second day, we found we'd been left with no washcloths, only lots of towels. Really didn't feel like we should have to go down to the desk and ask for something AGAIN, so we just made due. And ceramic coffee mugs always kind of freak me out -- do they get washed, or just wiped out, or ANYTHING? Kind of makes me cringe now when I really think about it. Bleecch! All I know is that even after the room had been made the second day, the same mugs we had used the first morning were still there (I know this because of some chips in the cups).

And we never really did get the cooling/heating situation figured out. Oh well.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, just not quite as good as it has been in the past, or as good as we'd hoped.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area. Hotel has an excellent balance of leisure and corporate guests making the stay well worth it. There was something for everyone to enjoy! The team is amazing, and I look forward to my next visit to the area!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Noisy! Walls are paper thin and you can hear everything! Literally heard elevator all night long, and we were a ways down the hall from it. Heard neighbors party and heard the other neighbor cough up a lung all night, literally sounded like he was dying. Thanks to Colorado being marijuana friendly, the non-smoking floors apparently don't apply to mj and the aroma of the neighbors activities filled the room I shared with my 12-year-old son. We didn't sleep a wink. The room was boiling hot and front desk asked me to lift a 6 ft piece of metal off the wall to turn a valve off! Then, after a long night of no sleep, I at least hoped for a hot shower, no such luck! It was barely warm. Had hoped my son and I could enjoy the pool and hot tub, but also, no. The pool was overrun by one large family who had no regard for others and hot tub was packed with older men, so not fun for my son. Needless to say, we will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank Coloradosunshine2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Quality Inn & Suites
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
Alpine Inn
Alpine Inn
#2 of 21 in Frisco

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Silverthorne - Summit Co? Share your experiences!