“"No rest for the weary"”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The service staff was exceptional, attentive and friendly. We stayed here to be close to outlet malls, thinking we would be doing a lot of shopping. The location is good, close to outlet malls, Breckenridge River Walk, 30 min from Mt. Evans. The "deluxe" continental breakfast was waffles, boiled eggs, fruit, muffins, microwaved egg patties and sausage patties. It was ok the first day, but got old fast. The room and rest of hotel needs a serious update. We were on nonsmoking floor(3), but could smell smoke, and there is only one elevator that is always hot and smells of "something". Everything else I can deal with for the price, but the worst thing is this: You can hear everything through the walls. I was woke up at night with the sound of bathroom water, toilet, and circulator fan coming on in next room. I could hear tv in other rooms. I'm particular about my sleep, and you just cant get good sleep here. We did go to Walgreens and bought some ear plugs then we were ok. For the money, this would be an ok place to stay if there were some sound barriers in rooms. Not ideal for romantic second honeymoon where privacy and sleep are essential.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nitngayle78
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stopped here on our way home to Vegas, after driving for several hours. The hotel was nice and clean. Breakfast was OK. My husband and kids thought it was good, but I was not impressed. The staff members that we came into contact with were very courteous. Although we only stayed as a stopover during our long drive, I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank The_Momma_Dukes
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed one night with our kids (4 and 7) and my parents. Check-in was super fast, and we got our rooms next to each other as requested when our reservations were made. The pool was very nice with warm water and a gorgeous view of the mountains. Breakfast was very good, too, especially for free! Our only complaint was a bit of an odor on the bedding, we're thinking because of smoke although our room was non-smoking, and the rest of the room was odor-free.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CO811
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband, 10 year old son and myself stayed one night as we were passing through Silverthorne. While the hotel is older, it was clean. The room was nice, basic, and again it was clean. The indoor pool was nice. The hotel is close to everything. The factory outlet shops, bike paths, etc. The front desk personal were very nice, helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank branden7
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here on our way from Arizona to South Dakota. We checked in, and the man behind the counter was friendly. We got to our room and within 5 minutes the toliet overflowed (maybe because of my 3 year old!) :-). I went back out to ask for a mop and the guy behind the counter gave us another room. Both rooms were clean and nice. The pool was good to swim in. The breakfast had a good variety and was filling. The hotel was close to the freeway (but we didn't get bothered by the noise) and to the outlets. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank corrermucho
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Returning to Summit County for my 5th longer skiing vacation I decided to try this property. On all previous ocassions I stayed at Comfort Suites on the other side of I-70. The room was generally OK, the matress was somewhat run down, the TV old and not in best condition, the housekeeping inconsistent. The property also had some minor issues: problem with lack of parking, lack of staff which had a hard time keeping up with front desk duties and taking care of the breakfast area in the morning. But my main complaint is they were having constant issues with lack of hot water. When I checked-in I was explained their boiler is not working to full capacity and that the problem would be fixed the next day. It wasn't. It took another 8 days taking showers with merely luke-warm (if at all) water, before the problem seemed to finally be fixed. When paying over 100 dolars a night the least what I expect from a hotel is to provide me with hot water. The management failed to communicate anything to the guests, did not offer an apology or lower the rate for this. So next year I guess I will be returning back across the Interstate.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are much quieter.
Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Nicer than expected with a good, clean bed. Hot tub was nice but a little icey be careful when you get in.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Hampton Inn & Suites Silverthorne
Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!