“Food is great..atmosphere is lacking”
Review of Nepal Restaurant

Nepal Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 34 Restaurants in Silverthorne
Cuisines: Nepali
Dillon, Colorado
“Food is great..atmosphere is lacking”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food is delicious and always a treat, if you get it on the right day of the week. The heat rating means nothing to them. We always order a 3 to a 5 being on a scale of 1 to 10. Sometimes the 3 is so hot it is hard to eat and I love hot food. We order the same meal for my daughter and always say "it is for a child", it is hit or miss as to if she will be able to eat it due to it being overly spicy. Some weeks are perfect and other weeks, I have to cook for the kids (the whole point is to not have to cook when you order take out). Also with in the past year, the portion of meat and vegetables has decreased. The lamb chunks are now tiny bits, the chicken seems fatter but the sauce is always good. Also, we always do pick up and never dine in anymore. We have dined in twice in the few years we have been ordering from here and we decided, it was better for take out. That was final, after last winter when the heat was not on or working. The waiter made no mention of it so we placed a long order and sat to freeze waiting for our food to come. It ended up being a three hour ordeal for three of us to eat. I was wearing a full down coat, gloves and a hat. Everyone in the restaurant was the same! as they moved a small space heater around. With all of that said......that was only one visit but I do wish we would of been told before we placed the order. We do continue to order from here about a dozen times a year but we always know it is a gamble as to the experience.

• Visited May 2014

Gypsum, Colorado
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Let me start this review by saying I LOVE ethnic food, and eat it whenever I get a chance. This place was a huge let down. For starters, the restaurant smelled rotten. Didn't get me excited to eat the food. The lamb Chau Chau was dry, over-seasoned, and bad enough that we just threw it away. The chicken Vindaloo had a layer of grease on top. I asked for EXTRA EXTRA hot... and it wasn't. Huge chunks of potato... and shocking... NO CHICKEN. Will not go back. Will tell everyone I know to not eat there. Waste of money.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank MTNKRISTIN
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Excellent food - family owned feel”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend has been wanting to take me to Nepal restaurant for quite some time. I am so happy we finally made it! Cozy & quiet spot. Lovely music creates the atmosphere and is very complimentary to the delicious Indian and Tibetan inspired cuisine. We started with a glass of wine and some samosas - yum! They bar tender made us feel very welcome and was extremely accommodating. For dinner I had vegetable noodles and my boyfriend had a curry dish. Don't think you can really go wrong here! Not one to leave reviews but felt that this restaurant really deserved the recognition!

• Visited April 2014
“Great place, nice people, great food, good value.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Just North of Target on the west side of Highway 9. We had lunch there twice and ate well for under $ 10 per person. Good selection of traditional Nepalese meals and many vegetarian choices. The staff was very nice and accommodated our dog on the patio.

• Visited July 2013
“Eeeeesh....”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Not a real busy place, so not sure about the freshness of the food since there is never a crowd (based on lack of cars in parking lot day to day). Ask to see the kitchen to inspect for cleanliness before you order. 'nuff said....

• Visited August 2012