“beautiful Golf Course”

The Raven At Three Peaks
Reviewed July 20, 2012

You cant beat the scenery. Course is well taken care of except for a few greens and sand traps

There are newer reviews for The Raven At Three Peaks

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just got back from a golf weekend in Silvethorn area, played both Keystone courses and The Raven and by far The Raven was the worst of the three. Had family from Germany visting and wanted to play mountain golf. Green were the worst, it was like playing Plinko. So parts of the Greens were just dirt no grass. Bunker have no sand.

It is a nice layout and very difficult, really cool holes on the course. Number nine you can hit a 400 yrd drive down the hill and nice creeks running around the course. But overall the course is in terrible shape and for the money I would go somewhere else.

I played The Raven last year with a friend and it was in much better shape. It was a very dry winter so that could be some of the problem but still no one wants to pay $150 to play Plinko on the greens.

1  Thank claussenb
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I almost did not play here due to the last two reviews. I did as a friend who lives in the area highly recommended it

I did ask the pro shop about conditions and they were upfront that due to the odd wintr the course was not perfect. There were a couple greens that had some issues

I found it to be a wonderful course to play. The holes wound up and down and until the unique 8th and 9th holes where you knew from the tee you were playing a very different kind of hole. Count the seconds your drives stays in the air on 9

Course was playable and fair. Room on most holes to get away with misses

I t seemed to me there was slot of work being done on the course

If you are heading back to Denver like I was take a right at their enterence and stay on this road (rt6 I think) and drive back through the Loveland Pass. Very glad my playing partner gave me this tip. Certainly more scenic than rt 70 all the way back to Denver

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We just got back from a 4 day trip to SummitCounty,CO in whichwe played 4 differentcourses, The Ravenat Three Peaks being the last one played on Sunday the 10th.We hada group of 8from all over thecountry who hadcongregated in Dillon to play golf, sowe were looking forward to playing The Raven.We had played itabout 5 yearsagoand remembered it to bea great track. Regrettably, that's not whatwe found.Although it isa mountaincourseand the others thatwe played (Beaver Creek, Eagle Vailand Breckenridge)wereallat lower elevationsand in valleys, The Raven was farfrom being in goodcondition. When checking in,we asked the gentlemen in the pro shop how the greenswereand he said "they're okay". That should have been our first clue. Usually you would expect someone to say "they're great" or "they're fine"ata minimum. The greenswere very grainy witha lot of dead spotsand sandall over them. Possibly they had been top dressed?We didn't know, butwe would have expected the pro shop toadvise us of thecoursecondition prior to paying our green fees. Thecourse was very overgrown, especiallyaround the traps whichwere in horriblecondition, many not havingany sand in themand the sand which they had included large rocks.We, especially the guys who had played it 5 yearsago,were scratching our headsabout what might have happened to this nice track.We thought that maybe the head greens keeper had quit or maybe it was under new (inferior) management. The fairwayswerealso in questionablecondition, especially whenconsidering it was fairly pricey to pay. Beaver Creek, whichcostabout $10 more to play, was in much, much bettercondition. Overall, thecoursejust looked like it had been horribly neglected since opening this year, witha lot ofweeds growingall over the place. Do yourselfa favor...if you'refrom out-of-townand plan on playing thiscourse in the near future, talk to the pro shopandask them some very pointed questionsabout thecondition of thecourse. Then, if you find it to be lacking when you play it, you'll havea legitimate gripe with the management when you getback to the club house.We failed toask the right questionsandassumed that it would be in the greatcondition thatwe found it in 5 yearsago. LIveand learn.

3  Thank Chuck S
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We just played there last week. They have a great layout, but the greens were in bad shape and the bunkers hand more rocks and weeds than sand. For what it cost I would stay away.

1  Thank Mike T