“WOW, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, OR NOT”
Review of 1st Interstate Inn

1st Interstate Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Okay, its cheap-ish, they take pets but what a dive. I tried not to look to closely at the cleanliness, the thought of it scared me. The heater was broken (hello Feb. in the mountains) but no worries they provided us with a space heater:( What the h@%l! The TV remote didn't work, and the continental breakfast included tea, coffee and hot chocolate only there was no chocolate. How bout a donut or something. Okay so we laugh about it and NEVER stay there again. I am actually SHOCKED that a space heater (oh, one in the bathroom too) meets code. Oh that's right, IT DOESN'T!! On the positive side, there were no bugs, probably cause it was too damn cold, LOL!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LovelandMom2011
There are newer reviews for 1st Interstate Inn

Reviewed February 2, 2011

We went with this room as a last resort! My wife used to clean rooms before and she noticed bed linen hadn't been changed. They had alot of hair on them and looked very wrinkled. So we called the manager and changed them ourselves. Also they don't provide anything they say like we asked for a blowdryer and they said they didn't have any due to people stealing them. About the breakfast! It never existed. we went early and the doors were locked where you get this so called breakfast with coffee. It does smell bad in the rooms and they really do need to be updated. As far as them shoveling snow they do a lousey job. So make sure to take your own shovel to get to your room.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Feddogg
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The room decor resembles a collection of items you might find in any given alley on trash day. The decor I was willing to over look because we checked in late and my only plans were to sleep, shower and get back on the road first thing in the morning. However the showering part was troubling. The water came out brown in both the bath and sink faucets. Though showering wasn't an option, I did get a few hours sleep. A few days after our stay, I noticed a unauthorized charge on my bank statement for $110 from the hotel. When I called to dispute the charge with the hotel, the lady who answered the phoned denied that they had made the charge and continually hung up on me.

Bottom line... the room was not worth the $50.00 I spent for it and even though I didn't drink the brown water the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank loresiav
Reviewed July 15, 2010

do not stay here! I had to get a hotel room quick as a last resort (a prior plan fell through). After seeing what was available for under $100 per night, I booked this hotel online. I called the front desk for directions from keystone, was hung up on, my sister called, she given directions very rudely. Got into the room, bugs everywhere, only 1 lamp works in the whole room. Bathroom window has no curtain and looked directly out to a bus stop! (we hung up towells to act as a curtain). Counters dirty, floor dirty, and feels like things are biting me. I put my own sleeping bag ontop of the bed, I don't recomend sleeping I it. this was definetly a last resort hotel for me, and the only one with rooms left this late at night under $100. I would feel cleaner and safer staying in a tent in the woods.

2  Thank Holly_AussieGirl
Reviewed July 6, 2010

This place has to be the WORST SCUM I have vever seen in my entire life and I am way over the age of 50......
No way would I recommend this Hotel not even for an hour........The Health Dept should close this place down

The MGR is in need of cleaning up for the appearance stand form.....not good business to have such representing your CORP.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2009

In 2001 I stayed in a motel in Flagstaff that cost $14. This place was better. The hotel reception area (where breakfast - stale bagels and stale English muffins - is served) smelled like cat piss. The room was OK - not really dirty, but old and shabby. The mattress seemed to be new as claimed. Linens were clean. No bad odors in the room. Lots of cable TV channels. No internet. The walls are thin. This would be a good $30 hotel, but the price is more than double that because of its location. As far as I know, only the youth hostel in Breckenridge is a cheaper option in the area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Stayed here because it was close to the location of my meeting. Made the mistake of taking the room before inspecting it. Big mistake. All the other reviewers only barely suggest the awfulness of this hotel. Stinky, dirty, poorly maintained. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Silver Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Summit County

Been to 1st Interstate Inn? Share your experiences!