“Syringe Under Mattress and Evidence of Bed Bugs”
Review of 1st Interstate Inn

1st Interstate Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm sure they will be shutting this place down soon. There were 2 cop cars in the parking lot when we arrived. After speaking to the cops they said we should pull our BMW up as far to building as we could and lock it up tight. Also said they would be patrolling a little extra that night. I check every room we stay in for bed bugs by moving mattresses. We found a syringe between mattress n box springs it it did have something in it. The whole room was dark, filthy and horrible. The ceiling is falling in in the bathroom. There is no airconditioner, no screens on the window so the bugs fly in if you open it to get cool. there was no phone, no alarm clock, no coffee pot, no hair dryer, no ironing board or iron. The bathroom window had a whole knocked out of it. I was no able to sleep more than a few hours and then it was very intermittent. I just feared someone coming back for their dope we found int he syringe. Someone is going to get hurt here if they haven't already. The parking lot is VERY dark. Just right for someone to get robbed, raped or killed. It is NOT in a good part of town. Be careful and if you can just don't risk it here. I will try and post some pictures.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank tessyts1968

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Back in July of 2010 I stayed there, and almost turned around after walking in to check in.
The room had the early 60''s feel of a scary movie.

We left very early the next morning and a fox kept following us around in the parking lot.
I had to throw a pop tart off into the distance to get him to leave us alone.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and to this day this place is still the worst.

Room Tip: Please, do yourself a favor and keep peace in the family and don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank paul109876
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Somewhere a thrid world country is missing it's slum. Got caught in a blizzard & had no choice but to stay here. Unidentifiable stains on, well everything, no towels or wash cloths, trim falling off the wall, exhaust fan in bathroom had no switch to turn it on, door would pop open if bumped with your hand, window would not lock. Glad I travel with a gun. Didn't have the guts to sleep in the bed, just threw my sleeping bag on top & washed it when I got home. If it hadn't been -10 degrees I would have slept in my car (no joke).

Room Tip: The local crack house would be better than this place.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My gosh, never seen an horrible motel like this and it is not cheap! $50-$70 for a room you would not let sleep even your dog! Fortunately I checked the room and walked away. I was there just after Christmas, then with $20 more I found a 3 starts hotel in town. Oh by the way, the "manager" I don't think cares much at all. I don't get it...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Benjamin777
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Whatever the price, high/low... this place is not worth it. You would be better off pitching a tent in the parking lot and saving yourself the trouble.

We got stuck with this place via Hotwire due to a gross discrepancy in their star rating that somehow determined this place should receive 2 of em. I don't know how this dump could even get half a star. I'm thinking that another symbol like a circle or a square would be a better system. I almost feel guilty giving them one "circle" on Tripadvisor....

Bottom line: STAY THE HELL AWAY!!!!

Room Tip: A good local phone book to assist in locating alternative lodging....
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alex F
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This motel should be condemned!!!!!!! Do NOT stay here. We checked in, saw the room, & immediately checked out! The room was disgusting, the bathroom was aweful, there was so much water damage to the walls that they were leaning forward, & there was mold on everything.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank Teena1203
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We recently stayed at 1st Inn Silverthorne on 12/19/2011 through hotwire.
The plumbing was broken in the bathroom, the tub faucet ran constantly. The bathroom was dirty and the walls were in disrepair. The window was broken and the screen shredded. The bedlinens were stained. The lampshade broken and stained. The walls with peeling paint. The pillows so old they were flat. We had to go buy pillows to use that night. The building could possibly be condemned. There was major plumbing and flooding issues by our room. I picked up the bible from the shelf and found it GLUED DOWN. Who uses the bible for DECORATION?!?! I was shocked at the condition of this property.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank izzi2121
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
Silver Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Silverthorne
Comfort Suites Summit County

Been to 1st Interstate Inn? Share your experiences!