“Eclectic, Fun place to stay”
Review of Magic Beach Motel

Magic Beach Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Vilano Beach
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed for 2 evenings. Was conveniently located and reasonably priced. We loved having the kitchenette and the jacuzzi tub. The neon lights and painted walls in the room were tacky but in a stylish way. Will go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jim F

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Glad we stopped here after eating at 180 Vilano restaurant just up the street. We stayed in a king bed for $69!
Yes, the rooms are small, but clean. Good internet, nice tv, easy check in and Clean! Definitely recommend for the budget minded traveller.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ColoradoKat343
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Yeah, the name is funky, but the place was awesome. My husband and I are pretty famiiar w/ St. Augustine area, having family in that area, but we hadnt stayed in the Vilano area before. First time was a charm. MBM is over the Vilano beach bridge in an area that basically straddles the Atlantic ocean and St.Augustine Inlet. We rented room #201 for a week after Christmas, an upstairs effeciency king w/ a jacuzzi tub. Our view from the outside and sitting and "dining area" faced the ocean. Walking to the beach and pavilion is less than a minute, and driving is allowed to a certain point. Staff was pleasant and accommodating, even left sparkling juice on New Years Eve for us. Breakfast was average, we ate only once otherwise it was Dunkin Donughts and our favorite breakfast spot, Anastasias kitchen on Anastasia blvd. Things I would change? A light in the "dining area" corner, can opener and cooking utensils (spatula etc) and an ice machine (unless we missed it). The is a no dish soap or sponge provided to wash the dishes or pots so we used the papertowels we had bought along w/ soap. Maybe we missed this information about it not being provided too, dunno. Oh, and MBM is close to Publix and local restaurants ( I dont recommend Mojitos or whatever the tacos place was, just my opinion), as well as the pier, beautiful beaches closer to Ponte Vedra and lastly downtown and the beaches of St. Augustine. But DO go to Catch 27....be sure to make reservations and BYOB!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gingerflowers
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here for just one night in a two bedroom suite with some friends for New Years eve. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfy. The kitchen had plates, silverware, cups, and pots and pans if you felt like cooking. They also left us a bottle of sparkling grape juice with a bow on it for new years, which was nice of them. The staff was great, the location was right next to the beach, and about a five minute drive to downtown St. Augustine. It was also right around the corner from a grocery store and a great little restaurant that had some good breakfast tacos, burritos, etc. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kkuurrttmm
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Magic lived up to my expectations. We did not have kitchen rooms, three, so these were on
the smaller side. Loved my room. Only complaint was that there was no place to conveniently
place luggage but this is a room from earlier times. The night lighting was 50s perfection.
Breakfast was as expected. Not expanded but just fine. Proximity to the beach is wonderful.
I now wish that my prior visits to St. Augustine had been to Vilano Beach. It will be in my future
plans.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rt66tbird
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We tried hard to find a decent priced hotel close to historic area as well as the beach. This was perfect. Clean, spacious, comfy big bed, steps to the beach, less than 10 minutes to historic Saint Augustine. Grant you it is not luxurious, but served its purpose for our girls weekend. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashmo_25
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful motel while at a Main Street Florida Conference in Vilano Beach. It far exceeded my expectations! My room had every amenity...even more than your upscale hotel room. The thing that jumped out at me immediately was how clean it was. I mean, spic and span. I got to meet the owners and they were kind, gracious, and helpful. In fact, I was surprised to find that they received a Business of the Year Award at our Main Street banquet. I would definitely stay there again, as it was wonderful....with the most reasonable rates around!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
#3 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
TRYP by Wyndham Sebastian St Augustine

Been to Magic Beach Motel? Share your experiences!