“I LOVED THIS PROPERTY!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vilano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
FLORIDA
“I LOVED THIS PROPERTY!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was just at the Vilano Beach location and booked 2 rooms on different floors. THEY WERE PERFECT! So clean and looked brand new. We loved it so much we are planning to go back in August.
I am a Hilton VIP Gold member and thought the property was one of the nicest I have been.
Sorry you had a bad experience!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank FLASH3967

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Hebrew first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed here over a long July 4th weekend. While the hotel was good, I had read reviews about how great the breakfast and rooms were. I stay in Hampton Inns around 75 nights a year and the breakfast was typical of what I find in other Hamptons. Good but nothing out of the ordinary. The ever popular Reggie was not there over the weekend but was there Monday and Tuesday mornings. He was as friendly as everyone says but VERY busy due to large holiday crowd.

The room was nice...a little worn and I thought kind of dark for a beach hotel. Had little Florida flavor. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave. The bath had an odor of mildew but I think a lot of that is Florida water. Speaking of water, it is so soft you feel as if you cannot get the shampoo or soap rinsed off.

The afternoon cookies were wonderful. Due to the crowd you almost had to fight to get to the tray. But they were worth it. The staff was always friendly and helpful and we will stay here again. In closing, like I said it was good, nothing bad, but maybe I just stay in hotels too often to be impressed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
ateems, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Dear Blueboro,
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experiences at our hotel. This will enable us to make your next stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Vilano an excellent one!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This was excellent...the room was spacious, the beds& pillows comfy and clean and staff polite. The laundry was so convenient and the breakfast was phenominal. Close proximity to the beach, jettys, and Vilano Pier. Staff recommended dinner at Caps on the Waterfront and that was awesome as well. Close to historic areas of St Augustine. Just wonderful! It was fully loaded too and still the staff was super!

Dear LadyCane71,
We are so glad that you had such an AWESOME stay with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family vacation and we hope to see you again in the very near future!
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Thanks to Amanda, Greg, Keneth and the frindly house Keeping staff, our family had a wonderful stay. Their professionalism and courteousness were outstanding!! The hotel is elegangtly done inside as well as out. The rooms are very, very nice and the beds were compfy. This hotel is also close to the beach, about a half a block and your feet are in the ocean! If you have kids or just love the beach this is the place to stay. An over the bridge ride and you are in downtown St. Augestine. You get the best of both worlds.
The next time we go back we know where we will be staying!!!!
Reece Family

Dear PeeweeF15,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and our hotel. We appreciate having you and your family as our guests while you visit our city and are so excited to see you again during your next visit.
North Lawrence, Ohio
Reviewed June 30, 2010

The hotel is clean, spacious, and in a great location. The amenities are nice and the pool is huge, but take a good look at your invoice upon checkout.

When I checked in, the lady at the front desk took my AAA card and gave me the discount (10%). She then printed out an invoice and circled my room rate....it was significantly lower than the rate given to me when I made my reservation (more than 10%); but I was delighted to see the savings and went along with it. Little did I know that they were not at capacity that night and gave me the Market rate which was lower than the original reservation rate. What they failed to mention to me was that the rest of my stay would also be booked at market rate, during which they were at capacity and my room rates sky rocketed. When I got home, I made the necessary calculations (I'm an accountant) and found that I would have saved about $20 if the hotel would have just given me the original rate when I made the reservation (including the AAA discount). I know that in the grand scheme of things this is not a lot of money, but I think that it is the obligation of the hotel to work invoices out in ways to benefit their customers, not themselves.

Anyway I called the hotel the next day and spoke with Bill or Bob (I can't remember) who was all BUT helpful. He sounded rather condescending and irritated. He seemed rather put off by my questioning of their billing and I eventually convinced him to calculate the orginal room rates and discounts. I think he was rather surprised that they were, in fact, ripping me off. Maybe he shouldn't be so sure of himself next time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Megaketler38
st aug fl
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Last week (June 2010) we conducted a team meeting at the Hampton Inn on Vilano Beach made up of Aerospace Govt. Employees and Civilian Contractors. This hotel exceeded all of our expectations in every way. We made all of our lodging and meeting room arrangements with Tina at the on-site Hampton Sales Office. She made it so easy and our meeting was a total success. The rooms were very nice, clean and well appointed. Comfortable beds with free Wi Fi, micro wave, coffee service and fridge. Breakfast was complimentary and was not continental at all. It was omelets, French toast, sausage, hot biscuits and something different every day. Hot chocolate and coffee 24/7 and cookies every afternoon at 3!! Our meeting room was set up exactly per our specifications and secured during our lunches and in the evenings. We enjoyed some great local seafood at Aunt Kate’s, Caps, and Toucan Terry’s. The beach was a 45 second walk away. Nice pool and hot tub. The staff behind the desk were very helpful with dinner recommendations and directions. We had zero complaints from our team members. That was a first. I highly recommend Tina and her staff…we’ll be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Very clean. Excellent free breakfast with hot and cold options. Larger sized room. Very near to the beach and drive on access. Not far from downtown St. Augustine and St. George street parking. Relaxing, shallow pool for young children.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilano Beach
Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach
#5 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,279 reviews
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
Best Western St. Augustine Beach...
#2 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
Ascend Collection Castillo Real
#3 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach? Share your experiences!