“Good hotel near crowded public beach”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vilano Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This hotel had a nice pool, nice rooms thoughtfully laid out with charging stations, etc. It is across the street from a public beach that allows cars to park there. Not pretty or quiet enough for me so I drove down the street a little ways to a more private beach. I liked the beach much better at the Hampton In on St. Augustine beach, but the hotel much better on Vilano beach. ( The St. Augustine Hampton hotel was overpriced - paying for the gorgeous beach).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Joey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Anne E,

We appreciate your business and your review of our hotel! We are so glad to know that you enjoyed our property, even though the beach was not what you wanted. I can tell you that it tends to be less crowded in the fall, especially September and October. We would love the opportunity to have you with us again!

Joey M

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I couldn't think of a better place to stay. After all my travels, I have never met a staff so kind, polite and helpful. They were Johnny on the spot for anything I needed or info. The hotel was wonderful and clean and the amenities were right on the button. Location is unbelievably perfect. Beach, Publix, near just down the street to the attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Tico D,

Wow! Thank you for staying with us and for such high praise of our property and team! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and found our service, amenities and location to your liking. Now that you've discovered our little corner of the world, we'll look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Cleaning staff was not adequate and had to call desk to have room cleaned which was about 6:30 PM Desk services were fine. Good location to beach. Staff was not knowledgeable to good restaurants. Desk person did not look professional at all. Hotel did have easy and close access to beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Patricia R M,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review of our hotel. I am sorry that you experienced problems during your visit. Please, contact me directly at the hotel so that I may discuss the details of these issues and address them for you.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

my wife and I went to a wedding in St Augustine. we really like the hotel conveniently locatedjust outside of St Augustine. it is located just steps from the beachand there is a nice grocery store just across the street. we will make this our new Hotel when we visit St Augustine.

Room Tip: you can't go wrong with any of the rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flajohn
Joey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Flajohn,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was glad to know that you found our location ideal for your trip and even happier to know that you plan to visit us again!

We look forward to welcoming you back to St. Augustine!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great beds,great staff,good breakfast.We were celebrating our 41 annv. We come to St.augustine several times a year and always for our Annv. Its our favorite city to visit in florida. We love eating at Harry's always for our Annv.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sue T,

Congratulations! Thank you so very much for allowing us to be a part of such a special occasion! We are honored that you chose our property to celebrate your anniversary. We hope to see you back soon, no matter what brings you to the area.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Vilano is a nice out of the way part of St. Augustine. But it's somewhat hard to get to and get in and out of St. Augustine. Given the staff's attitude toward tourists and guests I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Joey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear babysham3,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review of our hotel. I must say I am disappointed you did not enjoy your visit. I apologize for any problems you encountered.

Please, contact me directly at the hotel at (904) 827-9797 or joey.mitchell@hilton.com and let me know about any service issues you experienced so we may correct them.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I recently stayed at teh Hampton Inn in Vilano and had some troubles in the beginning but the staff was great and handled it well. I encountered the nicest man I believe his name to be Adam. He is a gem and if it weren't for his help our stay would not have been so pleasent. Thank him for us and tell him to keep up the great customer service! We were there for a week and the a/c wasn't so great so they moved us and he helped with all my bags not to mention tried to fix the a/c for me prior to the move, he just went above and beyond. We will be back and hope to see him again!

Room Tip: Don't worry Adam will help you move.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear sheryl M,

Thank you for being our guest and for your review of our hotel. I am sorry that you encountered issues with your A/C, but glad that Adam was able to help get you into a more comfortable room. We will be sure to share your comments with him and celebrate the great service he provided!

We hope to see you again very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilano Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Augustine Historic District
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine ...
#5 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
2 mi away
Southern Oaks Inn
Southern Oaks Inn
#10 of 79 in St. Augustine
Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District
Bayfront Marin House Historic Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach? Share your experiences!