Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach
Ocean Sands Beach Inn(Vilano Beach)(Great Value!)
$124
Magic Beach Motel(Vilano Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$119
$269
Hotels.com
Oceanview Lodge(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$119
$59
$98
Country Inn
The Cozy Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$85
The Conch House Marina Resort(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$114
Scottish Inn(St. Augustine)
$64
$59
TripAdvisor
1,611 results
All reviewspublix supermarketocean viewst augustineshort driveacross the bridgethird floorquiet areanice poolhot tubvery nice hotelold townking bedbeach accesseach morningelevatorbalconyinns
Reviewed January 14, 2008

I had heard about TripAdvisor from the Clark Howard show so much, I used it to make my reservation for our anniversary. I didn't know where to stay, but made my reservations at the Hampton Inn based upon its #2 ranking and the great reviews. Let me say that I was not disappointed.

I reserved an oceanview king suite w/whirlpool. Upon arriving (early), the head maid accompanied me to the room to make sure that it had in fact been prepared. It blew me away. The accommodations were more of what I would have expected from a luxury class hotel (i.e., Sheraton, Wyndham, etc.). It had a nice size living-room with sofa, chair and ottoman, and a tv-with a 3.1 DVD stereo. Upon going down a short hallway you reach the nicely appointed bathroom, with jetted tub, standing shower (with *2* adjustable shower-heads). Above the tub were a set of plantation shutters that open up into the master bedroom--pretty cool. The bedroom was nicely appointed with furnishings from the Thomasville Hemmingway Collection (hey, I'm a furniture guy, I checked the drawers). Our room was on the third floor (room 335 is an end room) and the balcony overlooked the ocean. It had a table set with 2 chairs that my wife and I shared breakfast on one morning.

With the finely appointed rooms, and close proximity to the historic district (<3 miles), this is a great choice and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jason F
Reviewed January 11, 2008

My daughter and I flew from Columbus into St. Augustine on Skybus (the only passenger airline that lands at the St. Augustine airport, I hear), rented a car, and spent three nights at the Hampton Inn on Vilano Beach. It was so convenient, so easy, so relaxing, and so much fun. The plane arrived very early and departed very late, and the managers very graciously let us check in early and leave a bit late. The hotel is everything the reviews and pictures led us to expect. Our room was big, the beds were lush. When we needed a break from touring, there were comfortable chairs in the cozy courtyard and by the pool. The computers in the lobby made it very convenient to check reservations and email. Reggy made breakfast something to look forward to each morning. He was very helpful, a joy to talk to and full of good suggestions. Chris was very kind and a great help, too.

The beach was just a few steps away. The "sand" was really crushed shells (ouch!), so be sure to bring flipflops or watershoes, but it was beautiful and there were plenty of sandy beaches nearby.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank princesspam
Reviewed January 5, 2008

As some of you can see the hotel has changed from the Casa Del Mar to Hampton Inn. I was worried that reggie would not be there but was pleasantly surprised that he was indeed there. We spent our first holiday away from home there and it was wonderful. The service is still excellent as always, only thing I noticed was that with the breakfast buffet, they don't have bacon. That was about it. They give you a choice of pillows, beds are super comfortable and rooms are spacious and clean. Toiletries are just average though. They have construction in the area, but the hotel is fine. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub immensly and met some wonderful families that were at the hotel too! And getting a Merry Christmas from Reggie and a nice cup of coffee made the trip great. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in that area. It is a nice area, quiet and the hotel is great! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank RacingPrincess
Reviewed December 6, 2007

The hotel is a gem in the "rough". The area the hotel is located in is undergoing a great deal of construction and what appears to be growth in the next few years. The lobby is grand and well kept and offers cookies with coffee, tea, or water. The staff is great providing speedy service. The lobby also offers a couple of computers with internet access.

The rooms are wonderful, large and comfortable. Our room had a small fridge and microwave along with a nice granite toped area with cabinets. The bedding was grand with a choice of pillows. Each of the beds had a down comforter. The complementary breakfast was good with a nice selection of breakfast foods.

The location of the hotel allows for great beach access along with a short drive to historic downtown St. Augustine.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Travel_noise
Reviewed October 23, 2007

My husband and I stayed At the Casa del Mar recently and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Reggie, as many others before have stated, is the utmost professional. From the moment you come to breakfast, he waits on your every need . . . and always with a smile! He alone is a great reason to stay at this hotel. There was some construction in the area, but the makeover should be tremendous when it's finished. The hotel was very quiet, we hardly knew anyone else was there! Due to Red Tide, we had to limit our swimming to the pool, which we did not mind at all. The hot tub was more like a cool bath, but with the warm temperature outside, it didn't matter much. Our room was much bigger than expected and we had a great view of the ocean, we even liked the bed in our room more than our bed at home! I would highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a quiet place to retire after a day of sight-seeing.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank harris0607
john_baird, Public Relations at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2007

Thank you TripAdvisor member from Columbus, Ohio for your positive review. Reggie, like so many other guests have said is a great individual and asset to the hotel. He goes out of his way to assist our guests each morning at breakfast and gets them off to a great start for a busy day. The hot tub did have an issue and is now repaired. Yes, our rooms are larger that the average guestroom and has all the amenities that most guests require. The bed have alway been a hit with our customers since we opened 6 1/2 years ago and the quiet surrounding is alway welcomed after a busy day. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward in seeing you in the near future.