We had a great stay at the Hampton.We had our family of four in one spacious room at this very beautiful Hampton Inn.We loved staying across the bay from old Saint Augustine.We arrived an hour before check-in,but they checked us right in.We dropped off the bags and headed across the parking lot to the beach.It was late February,but it was 82 and sunny.This was a beach where you can drive your vehicle and park.This did not deter from a great beach day.The waves were great!
The hotel pool and grounds were clean and cozy.I enjoyed the patio behind the pool where they had couches and chairs.Very relaxing.The drive over to old saint augustine was about 5 minutes.We found no problems with parking.The hotel was very clean and roomy.
We only encountered one problem or unprofessional service.My older son and I went down to breakfast,which had a very big selection.There were 3 tables of guests and two tables with dollar bills on them.Now being a waitress and a former hotel breakfast waitress I know about this practice.These two tables had this money on them for hours? Tacky ladies really! When you stand in the doorway surveying your guests really watch them because if you really want to give good service you just have to be nice, warm and friendly! None of these were shown to any guests in the hour I was there.I did appreciate one of the two ladies helping me unstick my waffle,after I was struggling for 2 minutes trying to loosen it,but did not appreciate the other one telling my son they had no spray for the machine!WHAT!Ladies I watched you see people struggling with these waffle machines and not once did you offer any help or spray!.You had spray in the drawer,why would you hide it and not help anyone?You did refill the breakfast items but really,your overall service was not very good.You should pick up the bills once in a while to not be soooo obvious.I still am a little miffed at myself for tipping you anything,but as a waitress I always do but you would have been tipped so much more.No class ladies,you make us professionals look bad.
The hotel is beautiful and the rest of the staff is awesome.Just that one bad incident left a bad memory of what is an awesome hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach hotel is only 40 steps from the sands of beautiful Vilano Beach. Guests enjoy free hot buffet breakfast, free WiFi, outdoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine Vilano Beach Hotel Saint Augustine
- Hampton Inn And Suites St. Augustine Vilano Beach
- Hampton Inn Hotel Oceanside
- Hampton Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Hampton Inn