“Nice Inn in a little town”
Review of San Luis Inn Motel

San Luis Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Luis
San Luis Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Luis
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed over night in this inn. The room is relatively big and very clean..I could still smell the detergent on the bed sheets. The air condition worked perfectly and the cable programs were enough (at least for us).
The only problem is..the wall is thin, you could hear the guests in the other room. BTW, if you need to check out early in the morning and you don't see anyone at the front desk..don't bother to call, just drop the key in the little basket at the counter.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BoriquaPuertoRico
There are newer reviews for San Luis Inn Motel

Reviewed April 24, 2010

Clean, clean motel for a mere $59. (Cheap hotels make me nervous but this was okay.) Great location for visiting the Stations of the Cross. The only thing is it was so loud! The walls were paper thin and even with other good guests it was loud. I would stay again but would take ear plugs.

The toilet and shower area was tiny. The sink is in the room, which I know some don't like but I do. Take your own hair dryer and shampoo. New tv and sattelite reception. Comman area microwave on the ground floor. There is a hot tub but we didn't use it.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ColoradoLiketoTravel
Reviewed August 19, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night before climbing Culebra Peak - which isn't too far away. We chose this option instead of camping on the Cielo Vista Ranch property (where Culebra is located). I'm glad we decided to stay in a hotel instead of camp because the provided camping area at the ranch isn't what we typically like for camping. (we like to camp in higher elevation, secluded areas - and here we would have had to be with other hikers). The rooms at the inn are clean and basic. We liked that they provided coffee at 5am and also dish network tv in our room.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Megan F
Reviewed June 19, 2008

The owner and his wife plus the staff go above and beyond to make your stay a comfortable one. Very clean rooms that are simple, but perfect for a place to relax and get a good nights sleep. Reasonably priced, nice and friendly town for eats and a quiet nights stay. We stayed for 7 days and we will return again this year. A beautiful and wonderful area to stay in Colorado:)

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank 2K3JMoore
Reviewed March 28, 2008

San Luis, Colorado is a small, quiet and quaint town that has seen better economic times. It is located in a beautiful area of Colorado, right at the feet of the Sangre de Cristo range, and has a very strong and proud Hispanic heritage. We were on our way from the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado to Taos, New Mexico, and decided to stay overnight at the San Luis Inn. The hotel looks like a typical highway hotel, but it's in the middle of the town: two floors, about 40 no-frills rooms or so, Dish Network in every room. It was quiet, affordable and pristine clean. The building is pretty new, so I guess few people had stayed in our room before we did. There was only one other guest in the whole building. My wife and I had a chance to enjoy the hot tub for over an hour without being disturbed by other guests. The owners, Mr and Mrs Padilla, live next to the hotel and own (or operate) the gas station nearby. Very friendly people. Getting to know the town and talking to other town residents was quite an experience.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank argiepiano
Reviewed November 5, 2005

I Arrived AT 7 PM on NOVEMBER 31 2004, no reservation. IT was 22 degrees below zero that day, COLDEST in the USA!
MR Padilla The owner seemed to have been waiting for me !
HE Made me feel WELCOME.
THE accomodations were top of the line.WARM AND CLEAN.
IM going back in a month.

• Stayed: December 2004, traveled on business
11  Thank ameen
A TripAdvisor Member
Alabama
Reviewed July 13, 2005

IMMACULATE! Very nice motel. Owner lives on premises. Great hot tub!

• Stayed: March 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to San Luis Inn Motel? Share your experiences!