“Very good spot”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Salida
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We found this Comfort Inn property to be very clean and a decent value. The room was large and airy. The cooling worked great and was fairly quiet. The sliding class windows were a bonus. The bed was a true king size. The room was well appointed. There were two sinks. The staff were responsive to any request and informative. The breakfast was excellent and the staff made sure all the food items were kept well stocked and the tables clean. It was one of the best Comfort Inn breakfasts I've seen. The property is in a very good location and is easy to find. There is ample free parking. We found this property to be very quiet when it counts. The high speed Internet did not work well at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed 1 night while on a motorcycle trip. On check-in all request's were meet. Large room, recent remodel shows. Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was very, very good. Overall excellent stay.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2010

The room was very large and clean with a strange arrangement of the furniture. The best part was that the ac/heat unit was new and quiet. The staff was excellent, friendly, and helpful. The pool was warm and the hot tu was lukewarm with very little jet action. Breakfast was very good with many choices. The negative part of this room were the taxes and fees at around 25%. That was incredibly high! So, our $100 room became $125 very quickly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cshager
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I try to stay at Comfort Inns and was surprised to find an available room on a Saturday night in July in Colorado. Imagine my even greater surprise when the young room clerk quoted me $149! I asked for a Senior Discount and he said that was the Sr. Discount! I took the room, but really felt gouged. This rate (senior or not) is entirely out of line for a Comfort Inn. I understand Hilton is opening a hotel in Salida -- that's where I'll stay next time. Note: the hotel, itself, was just fine and the night clerk very graciously gave me coffee, eggs, etc., at 5 a.m. the next morning. BTW: a couple came to the desk right after I checked in and they were also quoted $149. They were not even remotely close to senior status! They left which is what I should have done.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The Comfort Inn in Salida, CO is located on Hwy 50 with great access to restaurants and shopping. My room was nicely decorated and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. The rate I got as a business traveler was okay, although I thought it was a little high. When traveling through Salida again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I recently lost my Uncle and needed to travel to Salida to do an Estate Sale at his house. I could have stayed with friends but got a room so that I could unwind after a hard emotional day. When I asked about the rate at the front desk I was a little shocked that a room at the Comfort Inn was over $100. He then told me that all the hotels in the area where around that price and that they offered a heated pool, hot tub, and a "great" breakfast in the morning. I then agreed since I had my 5 year old daughter with me and it would be nice to take her swimming. We checked in, took our bags to the room and then went to finish up the sale and get dinner. When we got back to our room we started to watch a movie and all we could hear was the traffic noise from hwy 50. It was very noisy. I then went to the front desk and asked if we could be moved to a different, more quite room or simply get a refund. He told me he would have to call the owner. He then called the owner and started complaining about me complaining about the room when I was standing right there. Very unprofessional. He then told me he could move me to a different room. We then packed up our stuff and moved rooms. He put us in a room where our window was right next to all the Hotel generators and not to mention it looked directly into a family's back yard, not any more quit than the room I moved from. We also had a broken ceiling fan in the bathroom that was soooooo dirty, stains all over the ceiling, all of our drinking cups where broken and one had small balls in them (no idea what they were but glad I saw them before my daughter did). I also found toe nail clippings, a moldy bath faucet, and a broken noisy a/c unit. I then went down for the second time to let the man know that this was just not going to work and that I was not paying $100 for a room that I couldn't relax in. He then called the owner again, and same as before stated talking about me when I was right in front of him. When he finished he told me that they would not give me a full refund for my room, they could give me a 10% disscount or a 50% refund. Well I wasn't going to donate my money to then have to go find and pay for another room some place else so we satyed. I took my daughter down to the pool. The pool was a tad warmer than taking a dip in the Arkansas River, and the Hot Tub was broken and noisy. My 5 year old didn't even want to get in the pool, kids usually are not bothered by cold pool water but we both were shivering so bad we gave up. Then after a restless, sleepless night we went down for the "great breakfast!" All I can say is what a joke!!! Take my addvice, do not stay at this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank webbjillian
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This seems to be by far the best budget chain motel in Salida. The owners / operators were very friendly and helpful and the property was exceptionally clean. Much better than the chain motels around it. Great value. Great service.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
Monarch Mountain Lodge
Monarch Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Monarch
Baymont Inn & Suites Salida

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!