“The best in Salida.”

Gateway Inn & Suites Salida
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Salida
“The best in Salida.”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Gateway Inn has always been dependable for us. Clean, quiet, effecient and friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Friendly receptionist, clean rooms, comfortable beds, good breakfast... and affordable.

• Stayed January 2011
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We have been coming to the Gateway Inn since 1998. Very clean and comfortable rooms and the service was excellent. Perfect for leisure and relaxation. Great views and easy access to local restaurants and shops. We recommend this hotel to all of our friends and relatives, and we will come back again and again for sure!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Larkspur, Colorado
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I spend a lot of time in Salida with my husband skiing and enjoying the area. We've stayed at many of the local hotels. I decided to bring one of my girlfriends into town to ski over the MLK holiday and wasn't expecting to find any reasonable options due to the holiday. I was pleasantly surprised to find a good rate at the Gateway. The room was very clean and I loved having 4 pillows per bed! The beds were quite comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower pressure was great. Breakfast was good. With the full parking lot, you've got to be early to the breakfast scene. We were the first there at 7 AM and that makes a big difference. My only 2 suggestions for the Gateway would be to have a larger pet area. I brought my dog and there was really no place to take him to the bathroom. I had to down the street quite a ways to find some grass. If there was a small area with waste bags, I'm sure other customer traveling with their pets would appreciate the convenience. Also, and this may sound silly, but the Christmas decorations should really be down by 1/16. The place looked super festive and I'm sure it was really great around Christmas to have all the decorations but it looked a bit strange to have the decorations well into mid January. All in all, we really had a nice night's stay at the Gateway!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I found the Hotel Staff friendly. Our room was clean. The continental breakfast had a nice selection of pastries and cereals. The location was just under 16 miles of monarch mountain and a couple of miles from downtown Salida. The hot tub was clean and nice. Over all this hotel is a nice, friendly hotel in the middle of the Rockies. I will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Winona Lake, Indiana
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Stayed 5 nights. Chose Gateway because of the price and free breakfast. Room service was great. First time my husband left maids a tip without me reminding him. The Inn is well worth the money

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I visited and reviewed this property a couple of months ago and am happy to inform any travellers that it still rocks!!!! I came to Salida on a business/meet new clients type of trip and once again I left shocked. The rooms are nice and clean as usual. My clients stayed at the one of the suites and they were impressed. But the gem at this hotel is the staff; it's inceadable, esp. Ziggy, I had some people that I was meeting in Salida and was trying to convince them to establish their retirement home there. I mentioned this to Ziggy upon check in and the next day HE took me and my clients around the area to show properties and the Chaffee county area. I'm from Colorado Spgs. area and don't know that area too well. Ziggy and his brother (I think?) showed us the entire county and the backcountry. I AM IMPRESSED!!! My clients along with myself were truly shocked. Needless to say, my clients are under contract all thanks to them. I mean who goes out of their way like that? WOW! THANKS AGAIN!!! OH AND I WILL BE BACK FOR THAT SNOWMOBILE TOUR IN EARLY SPRING!!!!!! I will report on that too. Thanks again, Mark

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business