“Incredibly kind, clean and affordable!”

Gateway Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The staff makes this place worth staying, and we will stay again. Then you get a free breakfast, which was quite nice and my kids ate a ton of fresh made waffles (okay, I did too!). The rooms are normal, and nothing special, but they are clean. It's in a great location, right off of 50, so driving to Monarch to ski was simple and quick.

Thanks to all the staff for making our stay easy and fun!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mcsmalley
GatewayInnSalida, Front Office Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your trip. All of us are glad you enjoyed your stay (and the waffles!). We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was my second stay in this hotel and they were just as good in not better the second time. The housekeeping was great and very thorough. I took my dog this time and they were so accommodating and never acted like they did not want him there. I recommend them for your stay in Salida. I can't say enough about the staff and owners. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Daniel,
Thank you for such a great review! It was a pleasure having you and "Wally" here for a visit, and we look forward to seeing both of you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Flew in from Texas for a wedding. Talked to Tina who is a most gracious hostess. She went out of her way to make sure every little detail of my stay was taken care of. The grounds are well taken care of and everything was spotless. The room was super tidy. It was really very nice surprise to find that all the little details were tended to after a 2 hour flight and 3 hour drive. I've stayed in high-end hotels that didn't pay any attention to the little details. This Gateway does! I was most impressed by that.
The place is quiet at night and has a good view of "S" mountain. The continental breakfast there is the best continental breakfast I've encountered anywhere. Far better than even the Vegas hotels I've stayed at. The food is fresh, doesn't taste generic like other hotels, and they even have this cool little waffle iron to make your own waffles! And they're really, really good!
I also noticed they have plenty of parking for 1 ton tucks with trailer, limousines, and are even motorbike friendly. I will definitely be staying there when I come back to Salida!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for Tina
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William T

William, thank you for your review of the Gateway. We take great pride in our little "Mom and Pop" motel, and are glad we met your needs and expectations. All of us here look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

the service here was above and beyond the rooms were spotless our sheets were changed every day I love this place food the continental breakfast the free limo service oh my god out of this world we have been treated good but when we came here we realized that we haven't been treated above and beyond this has got to be the best place I have ever stayed in. And all of my travels thank you thank you gateway Inn

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked this hotel for the convenience. Half way from home to Santa Fe. Wonderful stay. The reservation was made by calling and talking to Anne Marie and from there on the experience just got better. The check in was incredible, the room was spotless, the night was very quiet. Bonus of parking at the room door. Pretty much the whole package. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Of all the places to stay in Salida, we are glad we picked this one! The staff is great, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. What a cozy experience. I recommend that everyone check this place out on their travels. We will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra M
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Not a bad experience and a good value as well. Room we were in could have used a bit of freshening up, a strip of Formica was missing from the table. Also the toilet seat would not stay up so I ended up holding it up while doing my business. Just remember it's the little things. Continental breakfast was nice with good selection. Location was convenient to the art district and riverfront area with good restaurants aplenty.

Room Tip: Should have picked a ground level room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GatewayInnSalida, Front Office Manager at Gateway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Neal, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad you found our hotel satisfactory. Sorry about the issue with the toilet seat, and I will have that addressed with maintenance. Hope to see you again!