“Had a great stay there.”

Gateway Inn & Suites Salida
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Coarsegold, California
“Had a great stay there.”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Pleasant folks and clean rooms. There were a large group of BMW motorcycle riders there the week I was there. Those BMW riders are wonderful people. Quiet mufflers and respectful of the other guests. I'd stay with them anytime. Plus the motel was accommodating to all. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Benicia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The staff was both friendly and plentiful. The rooms were very nice. The beds were pretty nice too. The place is in a great location, for being on Hwy. 50. The layout of the rooms and overall of the buildings was quite nice.
Bottom line: Every hotel should strive to be like this one.
Outstanding value.

Room Tip: There are 2 types of rooms, and only one has fridge and microwave if that is important, make sure to...
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Went to a BMW motorcycle sport-touring event at this motel. The owners went out of their way to accomodate us. The rooms were comfortable and nice. Location is good on a main intersection at the entrance way to Salida.

North Fork, California
Reviewed July 31, 2012

It was a BMW motorcycle Forum event and we selected this location for our stay for 3 nights. The service was wonderful, rooms very clean, good breakfast selection, excellent location for exploring the Rockie's and reasonable price. I would come here any time again.

Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently stayed at the Gateway Inn for four days with a large group. It was a very pleasant experience. The owners are friendly and helpful, as are the staff. My room was big, cheerfully decorated and impeccably clean. The AC worked well, an important consideration for me due to a heat wave that coincided with my trip. As a bonus, there is a nice Mexican restaurant right next door that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. (good margaritas too) All in all, a very nice, modestly priced place I intend to stay at the next time I'm in Salida.

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a very clean, modern motel. It is family owned and operated. The rooms are very clean with a fresh feel, thick towels, a/c that cools the room without blowing on you all night, and a very generous and filling continental breakfast (hot waffles, cereal, h/b eggs, bagles, danish, yogurt, etc.) The staff is very friendly and the rooms are cleaned very thoroughly. Soap size is a bit small, but there are plenty of them.

The hotel is located on the main drag (US50) in Salida within walking distance of 7-11. McD's is a bit further away. But there's a very good Mexican restaurant next door. If you're the active type, a walk to and through downtown is a joy, with many quaint shops stocked with not-the-usual tourist stuff.

I will stay there again every time I pass through Salida. Thank you Ziggy, Elizabeth and family for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Friends and I stayed throughout the place. Every room we had was great. It looks like the 300/400...
London, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed for just 1 night on the way to Aspen. I found their web site on which I booked the room to be very misleading. They list refrigerators as being one of the amenities in the rooms, when we arrived I found out that only the rooms with 2 beds have fridges and that since we had 1 queen it would not be available, although it does not say that on the web site. I had also printed off a coupon that stated a free upgrade if booked directly, which is what we did. When I presented the coupon I was told they do not honour those coupons during peak seasons, even though that is not mentioned on the coupon. I asked how much the cost would be to upgrade to a room with 2 beds and a fridge and was told it is usually $20.00 more but since I had the coupon they would give me a deal and give it to me for and extra $10.00. I later looked on the website and the room we were given was only $10.00 more than the room which we had originally booked, so no deal for us and I really did not appreciate being lied to. The room we stayed in was very clean, I found the mattress hard and not the most comfortable, but not a bad place as long as you don't mind being mislead by the staff and website.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple