“Passed my inspection”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Patterson
“Passed my inspection”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The owner and staff were extremely accommodating. Room was able to pass my inspection, which most motels don't. Even behind the door in the corners was clean. Pleasant stay all the way around. Continental breakfast was great, too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Daniel B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
San Jacinto, California
Reviewed May 28, 2012

we have stayed at this motel on 4 different times and each stay has been excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful with all your needs. Rooms are very clean and updated, with small frig, microwave, coffee pot, hairdryer etc. Breakfast was of good quality with several different selections to choose from. Quiet place to stay and get a good nites sleep. We are remembered each time we have come to stay and we will come again.

Room Tip: stay on the west side, quieter, I staye for three nites and slow season they put no one in room abo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 685turtle52
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Had to stop for the nite, and checked out this place. It was great. Staff was extremely friendly, and accomodations were great. The breakfast was a little skimpy, I guess I was expecting more, but overall it was a great place to stop and rest for the nite after 1100 miles on the road.. Will stop here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stopped at another hotel chain up the street and was ignored at the front desk for ten minutes! I came to the Gateway and was greeted with a friendly smile and "How are you today?" That set the tone. I was given a great room that was so clean I was amazed! Breakfast was great and the young lady working even printed map directions for me. Highly reccommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Michelle B
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was doing some vacationing away from Ft. Carson (city is just too big) and figured i would go to Salida for some off-roading. Since it was just me I got a single but I had to do a double take because it was like being in a small apartment! Everything was clean and the area was nice and quiet. When I checked in the lady at the counter was very nice (I think her name was Tina).

Room Tip: West side rooms are quiet and everything was in order!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Came down to Salida with my family, the rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. Continental breakfast has a nice variety of food. We had a chance to use their snowmobile rental service, also a very fun and attractive addition to the hotel! The hot tub offered at the hotel is nice too. Very nice stay for the price! Definitely recommend this hotel and will visit again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We styed in family room which had big flat screen TV. Excellent location close to Monarch Ski Area, Hot springs ( in town they have olimpic size swiming pool heated by hot springs but we went to one few miles away which have pools and hot spots- spring in the river runing next to it). My son went ice fishing, he didn't catch anything but his friends did and they split the catch. Monarch is not so expensive like Vail or Telluride and hotel was selling discont ski ticket. Continental breakfast is good, my wife and son made waffles( they both love waffles) and grabed some pastries for later snack. Across the street is a liquer store and many places to eat so we had a good time.We also like the lobby decoration which has wooden scalptures and local artists work displayed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family