“A Great Night's Sleep in a Great Little Town”
Review of Super 8 Salida

Super 8 Salida
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We venture forth to see the Aspens and coud not have chosen a better place to stay in this beautiful town. The service at the hotel was superb. When we checked in the desk staff provide all kinds of advice on the area from where to eat and drink to where to hike. We enjoyed the breakfast and the location of the hotel.

The town of Salida is a real special find. Located in a beautiful mountain valley at 7,000 feet. The quaint downtown was chock full of restaurants and interesting shops, a great park on the river and an interesting Farmer's Market.

Can't wait to return

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Salida

Reviewed September 28, 2010

We went to Salida for a short weekend trip. Finding an inexpensive place to stay was not easy. The Super 8 was pricey, in my opinion, especially for a motel. But there aren't many options in Salida. Other places were 50% more...

The good: There is a pool & hot tub, though we didn't use them. They offer a free continental bkfst. The staff were nice. The motel is right on Hwy 50, only a 5 min drive to downtown. The Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center is directly across the street. The a/c unit was surprisingly quiet compared to other places I've stayed.

The bad: The room was dirty. There were cobwebs in & around the window. The carpet also made my daughter's feet black as another reviewer mentioned (I kept my socks on). All of the rooms face in to the parking lot, so it's loud (I imagine a ground floor room being even worse. We were on the 2nd floor), the parking lot is cramped & gets packed, the motel charges for late check-outs

Overall, it was a decent stay & served the purpose of a place to sleep. I would not have been so picky if traveling alone, but would not go back w/kids.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Upon our arrival, my Grandson and Grandaughter took their shoes off to play in the room for aproximately 30 minutes. The carpet was so filthy their feet were honestly BLACK. The plug in for the coffee pot did not work, therefore I had to make coffee in the bathroom. My Daughter was taking a shower and the drain came out leaving just the gaping hole. We left the card on our door to have our room cleaned while we were out, came back, bed was made and they had used the vacuum, but ashtray left unemptied, trash unemptied and overall I think that is all they did was make the bed and toss some coffee packets on the counter.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank amberkayla
Reviewed September 17, 2010

This place was clean, we got a good night's sleep, and met all needs. There aren't a whole lot of options in Salida. It's perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed in Salida Super 8 for 3 nights early September 2010. The room was spacious, clean and the furniture and fittings were in excellent condition. The staff were friendly and helpful and when I arrived I was provided with a list of local restaurants (type of cuisine, opening hours, location & direction) which was really useful (the Country Bounty restaurant just 2 doors down from the hotel was excellent). They also provided a list of local business (bank, post office, laundromat etc) which I did not need but might have been useful if I was staying longer. The pool and jacuzzi were a nice added bonus. I did not use it, but a computer wiht internet access was available in the reception area. This was my first stay in a Super 8 and I would not hesitate to book again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My wife and I were traveling throughout the Colorado mountains when we were involved in a car accident that totaled our car. At the hospital one of the E.R. nurses reccommended staying at the Super 8 in Salida. Normally I avoid Super 8 hotels like the plague (bad experience 4 years ago at the one in Boulder), but on her recommendation we arrived at midnight after our hospital discharge. Chris, the night clerk, was very helpful. He got us checked in to a handicap-accessible hotel room and provided toothbrushes and toothpaste. He also offered to drive us to the store on the following day as our car was towed to the wrecking yard.

Over the course of the following week as we worked to get back to a big city (Colorado Springs) and fly back to Southern California, the staff was very helpful. Steve, who works in the afternoons was super friendly and helpful. He even brought over a microwave and fridge (which I believe are provided in the non-handicap rooms) so we could store and cook some food. Every day we were offered rides as needed and were assured that the staff would help us any way they could.

The hotel is not brand new and does not have the latest fixtures, but it is clean and the staff are worth the visit. It does have a decent-sized pool and three hot tubs. It is within walking distance from a Walmart and a Sonic on one side and across the street from the Salida Hot Springs. During our stay, we had some elderly neighbors who were in town for the hot springs and like to stay at the Super 8 for its central location. There is also a Mini Golf course just on the other side of the hotel which would be good entertainment for those with children (or those who like good Mini Golf).

The Salida Super 8 would be a great place to stay for those on a ski trip to nearby Monarch mountain or a good base for backpacking and rafting in the summer. We've also talked to people on car/motorcycle tours of the mountains who enjoyed the small-town charm of Salida.

The Salida Super 8 is one of many hotels in town, but I'm confident that you will not be disappointed with the staff's wonderful service. I will definitely stay here again if I'm in Salida!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

This was the best Super 8 that I've ever stayed at. The Salida Super 8 gives you so much for a hotel in its price range: a great downtown just a few miles down the road, hiking and river sports in town, a pool and hot tubs at the hotel (great for kids!), a generous continental breakfast, and the friendliest staff ever. I could tell when I booked my reservation on the phone that this was a special place!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family