“Great Hotel in Salida”

Super 8 Salida
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Salida

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I stayed the night here during Labor Day weekend and had a great experience. Would recommend this motel to one and all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Merritv,
Very Friendly... has a nice ring to it. My team and I are committed to being the friendliness hotel. We want you to feel better having chosen to stay with us. There are many choices in the world of lodging, my team and I are committed to making a difference. Thanks for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8 and sharing your comments here. Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed at this location while on our 10 day motorcycle trip through Colorado. The staff was AWESOME! Genuinely friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean. The AC was cold. No noise problems. The continental breakfast was adequate. We didn't use the pool or laundry but noticed they did have them and they seemed nice. Would definitely stay here again. Thanks!

Dear JohnnieB,
5 Stars! That is really awesome. Thanks for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8 during your epic motorcycle trip and sharing your comments here. As you can see the majority of comments pay tribute to my team. They are really the heart and soul of my hotel. I am so glad that you experienced how excellent they are. Hopefully your trip routing next year will bring you back to our doorstep.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 22, 2013

It was nice to see that the rooms have been recently updated. We had a very enjoyable weekend as we could not find a room in Buena Vista. The staff was friendly and my daughter enjoyed the swimming pool. The breakfast choices are very good and they offer a free newspaper in the morning. We will be back for another stay.

Room Tip: I booked a room on the top level views are excellent and no noise from other guests since you are on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear MichelleC,
Buena Vista's loss was our gain. Thanks for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8 and sharing your comments here. Kids do love the fact that we have the largest hotel pool in Salida and 3 Hot Tubs to enjoy. I know that when my kids were young a pool was a prerequisite. I can't wait to share your comments about my team... they will be very excited to know they made a difference. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in July and August and had great experiences both trips! After traveling 16 grueling hours in July with 3 girls in tow, we arrived very late for our first check-in. No problem--our keys were in an envelope with our name on them taped to the office door. As I looked into the office, I was greeted by the warm smile of a very nice gentleman waving to me from inside. We were booked into the family suite with 3 comfy queen beds, and all had a restful night. The next morning, we had a delicious breakfast and headed into town to stay at a private home. We extended our trip an extra day in this lovely mountain town and since the private home was booked, we stayed again in the family room suite at the Super 8. We swam in the pool and had another great nights sleep. Fast forward several weeks later, we once again decided to visit Salida and inquired about reserving a room. The family room suite was unavailable, but we were able to reserve a double queen size room with an adjoining single queen room-another family style suite but with 2 bathrooms! Just right for our family once again for 5 nights. And the "wow" factor is what you may ask? On our first trip to this hotel, we had left a brand new life vest purchased at the local store for our disabled little girl so she could enjoy the pool. After returning to Texas, we just could not find it. I really thought that we had not left it at the Super 8, but upon reserving our rooms in August, I inquired if they found our life vest.
"WOW" factor....they had found the life vest and put it aside. Not knowing who it belonged to, they just saved it. It was returned to us in August and she was able to swim in the pool! The staff at this hotel go out of their way for their customers. From the front office staff to the housekeeping staff, all have smiles and go about their jobs in friendly, courteous, and caring attitudes.
We love the Super 8 in Salida, Colorado! MY3GLZ...Texas:)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear MY3GLZ,
WOW I love your review and my team will do back flips! Thanks so much for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8 and for taking the time to share comments regarding your stay. Your feedback really makes a difference. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to your return. I am glad we were able to return the life jacket. Your comments about my team means that we are meeting our goals. They want to make a difference. We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed August 21, 2013