“Everything great except smell of room”
Review of Super 8 Salida

Super 8 Salida
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Salida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good value, comfortable and pet friendly. Debbie at the front desk was terrific. Let us check in early.
Decent TV, wi-fi a little spotty, but really okay. I'd recommend doing something about the a/c as there didn't seem to be an option to have the fan continue on all the time without it cycling on and off: a little disruptive overnight. The fan option can be on constantly but not when you select "cool." The continental breakfast was pretty weak, as was the coffee. There's usually a waiting line to get your waffles baked as well.
We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colo_Guy_13
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Colo_guy_13,
There are many hotel options in Salida and I appreciate you choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8. Debbie will be thrilled to know that you mentioned her specifically. Our teams really works hard to make a difference in your stay. I will take the HVAC comment to my maintenance team and see if we can institute a solution.Additionally I will share your breakfast comments with Super 8 Corporate. Thanls for sharing your comments here.
isle of wight
Reviewed June 19, 2013

A very lovely Motel, not your usual Super 8, The room colours and pictures all matched . Flat screen tv coffee maker and wi fi If we had more time would of stayed longer, Salida is a lovely town .Thank you Margaret & Steve Thomas from isle of wight uk

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Stevemag,
Thanks for choosing my hotel the Salida Super 8 during your travels in Colorado. Your positive comments regarding our guest room decor, level of service and location in the quaint town of Salida are very much appreciated. Your desire to stay longer says it all. Thanks for posting your comments here. Hope to see you soon and safe travels.
Amarillo
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We passed through on a Friday night with no reservation. My husband has some special needs they were very accommodating. The room was clean and quiet. My only problem was the internet connection was spotty. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Marte J
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Marte J,
Salida has many choices for lodging and I appreciate your choice of the Salida Super 8, thank you. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments here. I am lucky to have a fantastic team and their desire is to exceed expectations. They will be excited to hear that you scored them the highest in cleanliness and service. Looking forward to your next stay!
Denver
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

we were so happy that we got there we were able to check in. If you look at another review I have some Salida you'll see we were unable to check in until 6pm.so arriving around 1 and getting a room with fantastic. We did notice some dogs barking weather owners were out enjoying Colorado. I hadn't realized this Motel allowed pets. I was a bit worried because I have awful allergies and I am allergic to dogs. The room was clean and my allergies were not a problem at all.the motel had an indoor outdoor pool and 3 hot tubs as well as bikes to borrow. and a beautiful seating area outdoors. The breakfast was good and we loved the cinnamon rolls. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
djack7, Owner at Super 8 Salida, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear DenvermommyC,
Thanks for choosing to stay at my hotel the Salida Super 8 and sharing your comments here. Of course we are pleased to check you in early if your room type is available. My team and I work very hard to honor all guests requests. Allowing a guest to check in early is just one aspect of our desire to exceed your expectations. We work very hard to provide an excellent value: we are the only property in Salida with complimentary loaner bikes, 3 hot tubs and we do love your pet! Your decision to return is our mission. Thanks for saying so many kind things about our hotel. Looking forward to your return.