“Excellent Place to Stay”

Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here while skiing Monarch in March 2014, and while they are in the middle of a remodeling project, the staff and even construction workers were polite and helpful. No odd hour construction work/noise. Rooms are clean and up-to-date. The Inn is located right on the main street through town so getting there is easy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

James

Thanx for that nice review. As you said, we are in fact remodeling and thankfully down to our final phase and last 3 cottages. I asked my contractors to work around my guests. The minute they see a guest check in, they stop working with hammers and saws and start painting and they always wait until our guests are either gone for the day or checked out.
I am glad you noticed.

Thanx again

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was an awesome end to my Son and I's ski weekend. We want to thank Jay personally for all his hard work at the Hotel. Our reservation got a little messed up ( my fault...dang..hate to admit that), but Jay squared it all up...charging us no more money. ..He Put us up in the triple queen suite...maybe the best room they have...wow! The room is amazing. Two separate bedrooms and 3 queen beds. The room was immaculate and we could not have asked for a niced place to stay. Looks to be re decorated and spotless. Jay suggested we check out the hot tub..so we blast to Walmart to buy us a couple of Suits...Winning! The continental breakfast is ampe and fresh. Thanks Jay! Make no mistake...this is by far the nicest hotel in Salida. Look no further.

Room Tip: Ask for the cottages...private.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Hey Boogie,

Thanks for that glorious review. Jay, my associate and I bend over backwards (ouch) to make everyone's stay as perfect as possible and Jay generally goes out of his way to make sure expectations are met and exceeded. We both appreciate your very nice review.

Have a great day

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed twice at Salida Inn and Monarch Suites. First stay was in one of the newly decorated rooms. Great!! Second Stay was in the two bedroom kitchenette. It worked out wonderfully. This is one of the most accommodating hotels we have ever stayed in. Great beds...lots of hot water and very conveniently located to the ski hill. We definitely will be staying there in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hi Koalsmom

Thanx for your second really nice review of our hotel. Like that old Avis Commercial, we are rated number 6 (by TA), so we try harder x 5 :). Wait until you see our NEWLY REDESIGNED KITCHENETTE COTTAGES. They'll have close to 500 Sq Ft of Living Space, and will feature 2 Queen Beds, a newly redesigned Kitchen, and a comfy sitting area in front of a nice Fireplace.
Looking forward to seeing you and your family again and thanx for the nice review.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I returned to Salida Inn after having stayed there a year ago. How pleasantly surprised I was to see the beautiful renovations that have transformed this place. The room I had reserved far exceeded my expectations.

What impressed me the most? Two words come to mind, cleanliness and comfort. What is more relaxing than to sink into a pillow top mattress at the end of a traveling day? I also loved the triple sheeting on the bed, which is mostly done in upscale hotels. Crawling between soft, clean, sheets is a pleasure when you know every piece of linens you touch comes directly from the laundry.

Other things I enjoyed were: the hot tub, the soft easy chair for watching HD TV, the classy decor, the quiet room, endless hot water, and drapes that shut out light for an afternoon nap.

The owner and his staff are very friendly, and made every effort to please. I can't wait for my next stay at Salida Inn

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank 367el6
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hi Westlawn

Thanx for that really nice review. It is greatly appreciated by all of our staff. Thanx also for pointing out the new mattresses and the extra care we take in washing all of our bed linens tween every guest.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The slide it inn is a perfect place to stay. Clean. 3 queen beds great for 3 guys skiing. short money. no complaints

And words of wisdom from the front desk guy. "There are 2 kids of people in Salida. small business owners, and the unemployed". Priceless

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hi Spoodgeman,

"The slide it in" Priceless. Thanx for the nice review. The triple queen room you were in is one of our largest at over 400 sq ft. and with a great view of the mountains. Ideal for a small group of family or friends.

As for the front desk guys quote, a lot of people attempt to relocate here to Salida because of the beautiful views from almost everywhere and the endless amount of outdoor activities, but then have problems finding employment and housing because almost all of the jobs are retail and the small amount of permanent rental housing is already filled by current residents. It is a Catch 22 for them. If they come to Salida in the off season, we can provide them with a place to stay for a week or two while they look for work, but business's aren't usually hiring in the off season. If they come during any of the busy seasons, they can find work, but there aren't usually rooms available for them to stay.

Thanx again for the nice review.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here with my fiance last week, Our room, a King Mini Suite was absolutely beautiful. Everything from the newer furniture to the pillow top mattress to the Jacuzzi Tub in the bathroom. Everything was clean and fresh. The view from the hot tub was outstanding. The owner was more than gracious, and provided us with some great information about places to dine. On our first night there, we enjoyed the hot tub but forgot to ask for robes, so the owner brought a couple out to us and we didn't even have to ask. We enjoyed the place so much we extended and stayed an extra day.

Room Tip: We peeked at a few other rooms as the house keepers were getting them ready. They all looked beautif...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Tammy,

Thanx for the nice review, I and the staff really appreciate it. We completed the renovation of all of our King Mini Suites, actually, all of our hotel rooms about two weeks before your arrival. Your room 212 is one of our favorites due to it's size, Ideal for a couple or a family with children.

Thanx again for the nice review.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed for a couple of nights in one of their cabin units with a kitchenette. The room was clean. The kitchen was poorly equipped with only the very bare minimum. The bathroom was also clean, but run down - faucets sticking away from the walls, shower rod unhinged - generally an eyesore. However, the water was hot and plentiful, heating worked well, decent flat screen tv.
Beds were so-so, linen were quite nice, pillows...bring your own.
The front desk host friendly and obliging. The free breakfast was basic, but hey, it's free.
I'd say this motel is too expensive for what it offers, but it's proximity to a ski resort makes the price they charge adequate, and compared to other hotels in the same town, a good value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hey John Q,

I couldn't agree with you more. This is Mike, the owner of the property and I personally hate that cottage. It is one of the originals that we haven't had a chance to remodel yet. I am not sure if I booked the cottage for you or if you booked it right from the web site, but everyone who calls and asks about it, I tell them pretty much exactly what you said in your review as supported by a previous reviewer who titled his review, " Great value, honest owner". The cottage you were in is the same one he was in. I didn't know about the shower rod, so thanx for bringing that to my attention, although, I wish you would have said something when you were here. The problem with making generalities however is they can be misleading. I am sure it wasn't intentional, but You make it sound like the entire hotel is run down and over priced. I recently uploaded lots of photos of the 23 other rooms that we Have remodeled, and I suspect you won't find any nicer room in our price range anywhere in Salida. Since I check every other hotels rates every day, I can assure you that even though the cottage isn't updated yet, for what it offers, it was a Great Value, if for no other reason than it is one of the very few free standing cottages in all of Salida. Thank you for mentioning important stuff, like the room was clean, the water hot, and the heat good. Keep in mind, a Kitchenette is not equipped the way a kitchen would be. I figure a room that sleeps four people should have a place setting and utensils for four people which it does. I purposely left all of the old photos of that cottage on my web site so that people can get somewhat of an idea what it looks like and those who call and ask about it get a pretty detailed description of what it is really like. I like to exceed expectations when ever I can, so my negative comments are pretty much the same as yours.
Hope you will consider giving us another try after we get the cottages remodeled, or give one of our other newly refurbished rooms a try. With New Carpet, New Pillow Top Mattresses, New upgraded Linens, new furniture etc, I think we may change your mind on the subject of value.

Mike

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Salida
Mountain Motel
Mountain Motel
#7 of 16 in Salida
Baymont Inn & Suites Salida

Been to Salida Inn & Monarch Suites? Share your experiences!