“Nice folks and a nice little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodland Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salida
Woodland Motel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Colorado
“Nice folks and a nice little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

There are newer hotels on the highway if that's what you want, but these folks are very sweet and they enjoy visiting pets. The room was super clean, the bed was very comfortable and the location was great. They are set up for pets and they offer dog walking for a small fee. No bad pet smells in the room either. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: We took a larger room with kitchen just for the bed configuration since it gave our daughters each a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank EvergreenDean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This motel was suggested to me by friends based upon its proximity to where our function was being held. I was very pleased with the cleanliness, very friendly staff, and the location which was less than 2 minutes from downtown. I could hear a dog barking through the heating vents. Just served as a reminder that this is a pet friendly hotel.

Will definitely come back to stay in the future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank VIRme
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

As others have described, a little dated and small but very well kept. Obvious attention to keeping things clean. The price was $54, week night, off season (January). I stayed on the bottom floor, room # 20. There was at least one group on the upper level but I could barely tell anyone was there. Much better than most modern hotels.
All rooms have a door to the parking area and street beyond. There was occasionally some street noise. Low volume on the TV was easily heard in the room and would cover the outside noise.
The bathroom was small but clean. Toilet space was cramped. Mirror was foggy after the shower because the updated fan could't keep it vented well enough.
Temps outside during the night were in the low 20's but the heater in the room was great.
I would definitely come back to this facility. As mentioned, they have a nice pet policy. I wasn't traveling with my dog this time. I also didn't notice any signs of pet hair or odor in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mtnhike1
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

You'll probably think I'm family from this review but I'm just a traveler. This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Not super fancy but yet still modern and clean with very friendly staff even late at night.

The highlight is the pet policy. Other so-called "pet-friendly" hotels should look to this property to see how it's done. Simply put there is NO PET FEE, holy cow it's about time!!!!! Nothing makes me madder than some of those outrageous hotels (oh how I wish I could use profanity here.. that is what I think of those other hotels - and not just one word either) that charge $20, $50 or even a higher pet fee and it's always non-refundable, what the heck?!?!? I don't mind leaving a deposit but if my dog has no accident then I should get my deposit back!

Anyhow we arrived very late early am and the gal working was very polite & friendly with a smile. Rooms were clean and had a homey feel.. and yes there were some off-color towels but they were clean, who cares what color they are?! I seen another reviewer here unimpressed by this but what's the big deal?! Rate was also like 50 or 60; I don't know where another reviewer got $100 - we NEVER EVER pay a hundred dollars for a room!

Also the lady at the desk recommended a very good restaurant (Currents).

I give it 10 out of 10 except for one tiny thing... you had to take your dog across the street to go potty, there is no grass anywhere.

Thanks Woodland, I don't know if we'll be back through but just wanted to be sure others visit you.

Room Tip: Get one out front downstairs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Orig_Review_Master
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We do like surprises when we travel and so to travel with no itinerary or plans or knowledge is our usual modus operandi. I was beginning to wish we used my friend's method of calculating everything before the trip while traveling along the bleak roads of parts of routes 24 and 285. This was just at the time we needed a motel and we took a hunch going to Salida, CO. This was the right move as we then chanced upon this motel with its very appealing appearance outside. Room #23 was on the second floor with only a coffee maker, other rooms having a kitchenette. But the table it was on was big enough to do computer work. This was a plus. However, I felt I needed a side table on my side of the bed, so I had to overturn a waste bin to get a makeshift one and then added a wash cloth as a cover for it.

I had another concern...i.e., pet friendly. What would that mean? Cat hairs in the comforter on the bed, dog smell in the carpet? But the room seemed clean as other reviewers noted perhaps because of the free pet beds offered to guests with pets. Yet, would the pets still get up on the bed and compromise the cleanliness of the comforter? And then there are the allergens to consider.

Still all went well for this off-season room for $59.00. It was cheap enough to make me forget about asking for AARP discounts.

There was one picture on the wall, a photograph of what we were looking for on this scenic ride, but had not yet found...the river (Arkansas) or some lake with turning leaves and several ducks. We then found the river and walked its delightful paths.

As surprises go, this was a nice one.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Heading back from 10 days in The awestruck and Midwest, we found ourselves in Salida as the day of driving from Utah wound down. Having read reviews we opted for the Woodland so we called. Cathy was a great help and booked us in over the phone. She was there on arrival and set us up in a nice second floor room.
This place has the nicest bedspread/curtain combo of any hotel like this. Matching, new and colorful. Nice.
Our room was nice sized and so clean. Good TV however Internet was a bit slow. Bathroom was a bit tight however very clean with a nice shower.
Liked this town a lot and may come back. Would definitely stay here again.
The rates are so reasonable for the quality.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the woodland with our dog over a recent 3 day weekend. The room was very clean, and the staff was incredibly nice! The price was great, I think we paid $70 a night for a queen room and they even rented us a small fridge in that price. Although we brought our own, they offered a dog bed and bowls for free, and greeted our pup with treats. We loved being able to walk into downtown easily, its about 4-5 short blocks. It was nice to be positioned in a neighborhood that we could walk with our dog in peace, and only a 10 minute walk to the river walk. The majority of hotels in Salida are on the other side of Hwy 50 from downtown, which makes it very hard to walk anywhere, not so with the Woodland! There were some reviews about how small the rooms were - I didn't feel that way. We stayed in room 24 with one queen and there was plenty of room for us, our 40lb dog's crate, and luggage. The bathroom was small and was a single stall shower, but it was all that I expected for the incredibly low price we paid for the motel. The room itself was quite large for the price, but who cares when you are in Salida you aren't spending any time in the room anyway! Remember this is a mountain motel, not a 5 star resort, you get what you pay for and we definitely got our money's worth. Great location, great price, great customer service. An easy going hotel for a laid back visit to Salida. We would definitely stay here in the future and I would recommend it to anyone traveling with a dog.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple