“Skip it - Rude Owner”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Salida
Bailey, Colorado
“Skip it - Rude Owner”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We didn't actually stay here in 2010, we were going to becuase the few other inexpensive (less than $90) options were full, we stayed here in July 2009 for $65 a night. This past weekend we stopped in and I asked for a room, the more than rude owner snips what kind of room we go back and forth with his condensending questions until he says the price $119 plus tax....now I've been in one of these rooms and it wasn't work the price we paid in 2009, but to have the price go up that much - no way I was leaving. I told him it was too much and that we'd stayed before and he started telling me 'look lady we have a water festival this weekend' that's great - but his parking lot was empty and I doubt he ever filled up at those prices and I feel sorry for those that did stay. Skip this place, the room we stayed in last year was old, smelly and outdated, but was out of the rain so we stayed....never again will we stay at the angry man motel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dvance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed December 1, 2008

Old torn sheets, old towels, remote control for TV non-functional... checked in very late and went straight to sleep...noticed everything in the morning. Carpets really dirty, too. Although I had a dog, I have stayed at hotels which do not give you a disgusting room because of it... why pay a pet deposit?
Called to discuss and fairly rude...

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank FrankieTelluride_CO

Travelers are raving about these Salida hotels

Aurora, CO
Reviewed September 23, 2007

I stayed at this motel for one night in September. When I made the reservation by phone, the owner neglected to tell me the cost would be $5 extra per dog. When I told him this the night of my stay, he proceeded to lecture me on some previous customer who had lied to him about her dogs. When I made my reservation, I told him I had three dogs, and in fact was happy to pay the extra cost, I just (a) would have appreciated being told about it when I called, and (b) would skip the lecture next time.

The dead bolt on the door did not work. The remote control for the tv did not work at first, although we fixed that. The alarm clock did not work. I was woken up by his dogs barking. I loaded my car and intended to take a shower, but in between his child riding around on an electric car, his two dogs barking, and the thin walls of the motel, my dogs were not happy. So I left without a shower.

I think this was the worst motel I have every stayed at.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Thin walls, argumentative owner, loud, lock/alarm clock/remote control did not work
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo