“Great place to stay”

American Classic Inn
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Salida
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I were coming to salida for a graduation. We got a great deal at this place as well as a great room. It was very clean, everything inside was new and nice. The bathroom was clean and new as well. It was an awesome place to stay while we were in town. Robert the owner has done a great job in getting this place turned around. I know this cause I stayed in the same place a few years ago and it was run down and old. The place is wonderful now and I know I'll be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This guy is a real handful... Besides talking my ear off for 30 minutes while checking in, Everything was pretty standard for a cheap room ( the tv is really small) . A lot of things i come to expect. But, the next morning provided more interaction with this character( no coffee either). The check out time is 10 am? This guy was in my room not once but twice while i was in the bathroom to ask if i was gonna make the scheduled check out time of 10:00. I have never in my life been more angry when i left a room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jamie B

Travelers are raving about these Salida hotels

SanDiego
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Probably the cheapest place in Chaffee County...not luxurious, but clean, and everything works...
Not sure what else to say.... AND you do get lotsa free stuff, toothpaste samples, etc.
I spent about 5 days here in June, July and my bargain hunter self often conflicts with my fussy self! So if I say it is OK, ....trust me!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KJFromSan
Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I guess that unless your room is right next to the router, you might as well forget the internet. Small rooms, "weird design sheets", no coffee, no fridge, no microwave but we slept. Owner is Polish, so don't start any conversation about the soviets etc

Room Tip: You get what you pay for
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank d w
Fairview, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this little motel when on our vacation in June 2011. Read the reviews and thought about it twice before we decided to check it out. Found it to be the best priced rooms in the area. The rooms were not large or new but very clean. The management was very hospitable and very helpful. The owners were the manager so you didn't have a lot of strange people to deal with when you needed something.
If you needed information or help in any way they were the ones to help you. The rooms were not new but were clean and were cleaned every day with care. Will definitely stay here again when we go back. Betty & Jim, Oklahoma

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdonveal
colorado
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I had to grab a one night stay on my way home from backpacking and unfortunately this was the only place with a room available. Apparently, desperate traveller means over pricing a filthy room. There were small dead bugs between the covers of one bed and hairs in the other. The wash cloth hanging in the bathroom had been used to wipe the sink clean of whisker shavings. I pulled out my sleeping bag and used that instead. When I told the staff on duty the next morning, he brushed me off as exaggerating. No discounts or even apologies were given.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank 007CO
Bailey, Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We didn't actually stay here in 2010, we were going to becuase the few other inexpensive (less than $90) options were full, we stayed here in July 2009 for $65 a night. This past weekend we stopped in and I asked for a room, the more than rude owner snips what kind of room we go back and forth with his condensending questions until he says the price $119 plus tax....now I've been in one of these rooms and it wasn't work the price we paid in 2009, but to have the price go up that much - no way I was leaving. I told him it was too much and that we'd stayed before and he started telling me 'look lady we have a water festival this weekend' that's great - but his parking lot was empty and I doubt he ever filled up at those prices and I feel sorry for those that did stay. Skip this place, the room we stayed in last year was old, smelly and outdated, but was out of the rain so we stayed....never again will we stay at the angry man motel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple