“Perfect!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Salida B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Perfect!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We took a trip to Salida as a quiet getaway and got exactly that. This property was beautiful, and quiet! We enjoyed the wildlife including the hummingbirds and the deer that were roaming outside.

My husband and I decided on the Henry Tudor Suite which was very good size, and had a hot tub in the room! The breakfast was very good and the folks running the place couldn't have been nicer. I highly recommend this for your next stay and will be going back myself for sure!

Room Tip: There was one room with a detached bathroom. Other than that, most of the rooms looked nice. I reall...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our introduction to Tudor Rose's Chalet. John and Terre' were friendly and professional. The chalet was spacious, comfortable, super-clean, and suited us well. We appreciated their pet-friendly approach and our pooch enjoyed the chalet also. They were very conscientious and explicit with their policies.

The location is great for access to restaurants and biking trails. We appreciated the quiet and solitude of the property. The stars and views were gorgeous!

Our stay was wonderful. Thank you, John and Terre'. Cheers!

Room Tip: By nature, we prefer the chalet to the B&B. It's cool they offer both options.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We received our two night stay at the Tudor Rose as a Christmas gift from our children and what a perfect gift. It was so nice to be surrounded by a charming house, well-kept, spacious rooms, and the peace and quiet of their 37 acres. Jon and Terre' are fantastic innkeepers and everything is geared toward the guest's relaxation and enjoyment. Next time we go we will take the whole family, rent one or two of the chalets and quite possibly trailer our horses (yes, they have great accomodations for your horses) so we can ride the trails around their property. We enjoyed the historical sites around Salida as well as the quaint shops and restaurants in downtown along with just relaxing on the deck of the Turdor Rose surrounded by nature. Thank you Jon and Terre'!!

Denver, Colorado USA
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I usually don't extoll the virtues of a place when everyone else has already done so, and truthfully, I don't think I can add much to what has been said. That said, however, I just need to give props to Jon and Terre for really making my first Bed and Breakfast experience such a success. We managed to get there in the nick of time for check-in with the innkeeper (there is a 2 hour window) and they would have left us a late check-in, but it wouldn't have been the same. Jon showed us around and gave us the lay of the land and we just had a super time. I am always most concerned with 2 things when I travel, cleanliness of room and choices for food. The room was spotless and they had menus for virtually every restaurant in town and surrounding. It was easy from that and recommendations from Jon to settle on dinner places. (see reviews for Boathouse Cantina and Grimos I will do later, if you care) Breakfast was great-there was two seating times and you just sign up on the board. Fresh juice and fruit and a plated meal. Yum. Hot tub was perfect-robes provided in the room made that super easy. All in all, a great couple of days.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue Room (not actually Blue, but named for the blue skies around Salida) and it wa...
Henderson, Colorado
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My fiance and I had a chance to stay at the Tudor Rose for 2 nights. We were on site, not in the chalets, and we enjoyed every minute of it. John, Terre, and Leanne were all very kind, cordial,and provided a very welcoming environment. The property is beautiful, the room was great (Lancaster Room), and everything was very clean. The chalets looked great, but we were very happy to stay in the b&b. The breakfasts were gourmet and tasted excellent. The fresh fruit and juice topped it off perfectly. We ate in town at Currents and the Laughing Ladies and both were excellent as well. Yes, we love to eat, but we love to eat good food and we were fortunate to find it during our entire stay. The Tudor Rose is a short 2 miles from downtown/riverwalk which allowed us to jog or drive in to town very quickly, but it also sits on 37 acres in case you want to stay away from town. The deck was great and the outdoor hot tob worked, was clean, and very refreshing after a day of running, hiking, and walking the town. We loved it and we will be back.

Room Tip: Not aware of the rooms on the lower level, but I read that they were all updated and I trust that th...
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Tudor Rose was a welcoming, private place that made my stay in Salida amazing! The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was top-notch! I really enjoyed the homey touch of my room (Whitewater) and I would definitely go back. My girlfriend and I also chose the Vino Salida option to taste locally made wines and that was worthwhile.

Salida
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Tudor Rose was incredible from the innkeepers to the breakfast to the large room with a private hot tub. Everything was top notch! We planned one night. But stayed two. We would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013