“Poor Poor Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Twisted Cork Cafe

Twisted Cork Cafe
Ranked #23 of 62 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Raton NM
“Poor Poor Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

This place is a joke for food. 4 of us went there for Mother's Day It was awful!!!
I had the lettuce wrap appetizer and all it was bean sprouts alittle chicken and a
little lettuce. What a disgrace!!! My friend had fish and chips and his fish was mushy To say the least this will never happend again since we will never eat there again. They also said happy hour was from 3-5 and they had locked the doors so no one could even get in the door. They finally let us in and said we would have to wait until 4:30 to get our food.

WHAT A JOKE THIS PLACE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gainesville,Fl
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

My friends and I recently had dinner at the Twisted Cork and we all had an enjoyable evening. The appetizers we ordered were served quickly and we all agreed that the calamari was our favorite. I ordered grilled prawns which were cooked just right and had a sweet flavor to the taste. The bread was wonderful! Being from New Orleans I am accustomed to great tasting baguettes and The Twisted Cork serves what I find to be the closest to what I get at home. Everyone in my party loved the food, the price was right and we had great service! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling to the area!

1 Thank NewOrleansLady79
Houston, Texas
“A surprising find.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

A tour guide recommended this little place. She liked the Mediterranean Noodles. She then told us the restaurant was Mediterranean. However, upon inspection of the menu, it seemed to be more of an East meets West fusion. One of my party had Pad Thai, which looked very good. I had the Mediterranean Noodles. The other two in my party had burgers -- which were huge.

The only problem I had with my meal is that the penne pasta was overcooked. Otherwise, it was tasty.

The restaurant seems to be part of a local winery. They carried many local wines. I was pleasantly surprised by the Riesling Chardonnay. I'm not a wine snob, so others may not be surprised. However, I found it quite drinkable.

I would like to go back to this place during the summer. They had a nice patio overlooking the river. With the food and service we had, it would undoubtedly be a great dining experience that time of year.

Chula Vista CA
“Hold the Flies”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

We made a special trip from the other side of Monarch Pass to find a nice place for dinner at the end of a two-week visit.

At this restaurant, an indoor/outdoor dining option is enabled by an open door covered by gravity-drop screen panels. Unfortunately, one screen panel was being held aside for the convenience of the servers -- and the flies. There were dozens of them. At one particular moment, I saw five flies on the vacant table next to ours.

I realize that insects and man will always have to co-exist, but this was pretty much on the far edge of tolerable.

Although the food was pretty good, I have to say I will never go back in the summertime.

Denver
“Rude Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

We dined at the Twisted Cork over the weekend - it was my wife and my fourth time there and we decided to take my parents there who were visiting from NY state. We have liked the food there on past occasions. We were sufficiently snubbed by our curly-haired blond waitress and not sure why. My father, who was having some stomach problems asked for some crackers, then a grilled cheese, then just something lite, was refused each time without suggestions. She never re-filled our water or coffee, never asked us if we were doing ok, didn't ask if we wanted anything else or dessert and proceeded to take our food plates away without asking if we wanted a box. Then she practically tossed the check down without saying a single word to us. Content to just leave at that point, my mother decided to tell this young lady (nicely, I may add) why she was not going to get a good tip. She proceeded to yell a very immature "SORRY" to her in front of a whole table of elderly guests. Upon walking out, she shouted a very sardonic "Have a great day!" We will never step foot in that restaurant again.

1 Thank musictravelerDenver