“i cant wait till summer with the great patio views”
Review of Twisted Cork Cafe

Twisted Cork Cafe
Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
colorado
“i cant wait till summer with the great patio views”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

this is a friendly-good place and they were generous with the portions. i could easily split it in two. i asked what was recommended but with all the good choices had a hard time. they gave me sides and bread AND a huge entree. they didnt even get impatient when it took me a long time to order. this is a great patio place, with a trail to the river...has all those nature sounds that makes it appealing. great place to go on a date

Visited March 2014

Salida, Colorado
“Salida at its best!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

One of the best restaurants in the valley. One of my favorites. A fairly generous menu listing from steaks to seafood. The wine list and beer list are good, but not great. My typical favorites are the spinach artichoke dip, shrimp pesto, philly dip sandwich. Typically not very busy in the early evening, but can get crowded later, especially during the summer tourist season. The interior dinning area is not that large and comfortable and be noisy at times. The best seating is out in the terrace, but that is weather and seasonally dependent. All in all a good place to dine.

• Visited September 2013
Salida, Colorado
“So many odd things”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We took 3 out-of-town guests here and both came away saying 'wasn't that weird?' The first thing we noticed was the ambiance, not interesting but with a haphazard feel. We were seated at a patio table in the dining room, not the most comfortable. We asked our waitress about the beer selection and she replied she didn't know as she was not old enough to drink. She did not offer to send anyone else who might know about the beers. The selections was very limited, with two local offerings on tap. We ordered noodle bowls. They came with some unusual ingredients including, I believe it was canned, pineapple. The noodles seemed like wheat instead of rice. One guest ordered the cellantani with marinara sauce and it was so spicy she could only eat a few mouthfuls. The waitstaff seemed like maybe the children of the owner, not professional in any sense of the word.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank climber_in_CH
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Innovative meals and friendly service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were there for lunch, and Krista and Maddy provided excellent service. It was a sunny, warm fall day so we were disappointed that the riverview patio had been closed for the season, but we sat by the window to enjoy the fall foliage. The wine list has U.S. and international wines, but they feature the nearby Mountain Spirit Winery's wines and I enjoyed their Chardonnay. To start, we shared the pork/veggie wontons and they were delicious, as were their two sauces -- peanut (mild) and red chili (very spicy). My Thai lettuce wraps were good but the sauce was way too spicy for me, so I was glad I had saved the peanut sauce from the wontons. It was an attractive presentation, but having the lettuce tucked underneath all the other goodies made for messy eating, My husband's southwest chicken wrap also was good. Both portions were very generous. Be sure to visit the adjacent gift shop, which has a much larger/fancier selection than you might expect and also offers wine tastings for the Mountain Spirit wines. Eliza was working the day we were there. She was knowledgable about the shop's offerings and most helpful in answering our Qs about other places in Salida.

• Visited October 2013
“Nice people but very average food.....”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our easy to Taos, NM. It is in a very intriguing looking building on the creek. The food just wasn't anything to write home about. I expect something at least as good as Qboba for $25/couple for lunch. I will say the staff was nice and friendly.

Visited October 2013