“Excellent Restaurant - Just what we were looking for!”
Review of Amicas

Amicas
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 1, 2009

After spending a week in the South, the land of fried food and BBQ, we were craving fresh salads and Mediterranean fare. The owner of the motel we were staying, Day's Inn, suggested Amicas, and boy are we glad he did. Their variety of salads and pizzas was just what we were looking for. Their portions were so large we had leftovers that were just as good the next day for a picnic by the Dolores River just outside of Dolores, CO. Excellent food, excellent service...we will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 19, 2009

I am in Salida for FIBArk and decided to join some friend for lunch. I totally enjoyed this place. Funky in decoration, the owner was working the counter, she was very polite and accommodating. The pizza was wood fired and cooked very well, I am fairly picky as I am a true lover of NY pizza (NY native) and have come to find that CO does not have it in the pizza department....so I guess you might say that I am hard to please. I was glad I headed the advice of my friends and went to meet them at this place.

I am new to Colorado and I think that this place is a must have every time I am here this summer.

Reviewed June 18, 2009

I just love this place. Especially in the early afternoon. An easy going brew pub with great service and a laid back atmosphere.
We had the Pollo pizza and the microbrewed IPA. ( Excellent by the way) I think we stayed a couple of hours, just talking and drinking, never once did we feel rushed, even though the place started to get busy around 4pm.
All told, I spent less that $30 including drinks.
Go here, you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed May 21, 2009

I wrote a review in 2008 of Amicas food, beer, and service. We returned this year for the same weekend with some new friends and it's even better than before. The beer has been refined and we all loved the IPA so much that each of us bought a growler. Even though we were only in Salida for three days, we managed to make it to Amicas twice. Everything was hot, delicious, and they were so accommodating of our special requests.

When I was on my way back to the restrooms I managed to catch the brewmaster who was more than willing to hang out and talk about beer with us (one of my travelling companions and myself used to work at a brewery) and even stopped by the table and offered to buy us a pitcher. We were on our way out - but will definitely take him up on it next time!

We tried to go to Amicas on Valentine's night, but it was way too busy, so we went around the corner to First Street. It wasn't a huge disappointment since we just ended up going to Amicas for lunch the next day (making our growlers even fresher!)

A tip: I'm allergic to tomatoes, and the lasagna is listed as having tomato sauce in it. Actually, the lasagna is cooked and the tomato sauce added when you order so the pasta doesn't get all soggy. All of my friends prefer the lasagna without the sauce because it's so unique. I always order pizza at Amicas - but now I can't resist getting an order of lasagna, too!

You can also buy bombers of Amicas beer around Salida, which is an added bonus, but I recommend picking up a growler at the restaurant.

Amicas is consistently amazing and is absolutely not to miss.

Reviewed September 22, 2008

Amica's is a micro brewery. Amica's is pizza restaurant. Stop, you're both right. Both the beer and pizza are excelent.

The beer runs the full range of styles from a light answer to BudMilCoor all the way to some very strong ales. They have a few standards that are almost always on tap and then a number of rotating taps as well. The Headwaters IPA is very popular and has won awards. My favorite is Nigel's, a stronger blond ale. The other fairly regular strong beer is Loyal Duke, darker than Nigel's but also very popular. They also have wine, Italian sodas, etc.

The pizza is baked in their wood fired oven and is wonderful. And any pizza can be ordered in a smaller size, perfect for a light meal for one. They also have paninis, salads, etc. But the pizzas are the food draw for me.

The only reason I don't give them an excellent rating is they don't encourage people to come in for beer without eating. This seems strange for a micro brewery. They killed their happy hour a couple of years back. They do sell some of their beers in town at the Salida Cafe sometimes. In fact during the Cafe's happy hour you can get an Amica beer for less than at Amica's.