“Good pizza, great brews.”
Review of Amicas

Amicas
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Pizza was good but not great. My opinion, but the people with me thought it was great. The brews that were ordered by my group were quite enjoyable. I thought that the IPA was especially good. The ambience is quite pleasant and the service was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. You order your food when you enter and then wait to be seated. Since many customers will be ordering pizza, I understand why they do it this way, but on a busy night (like the night of our visit), it can be a bit chaotic at the front door where people are ordering, getting drinks, and waiting to be seated-all in the same small area. All the same, we had a very pleasant dining experience and were quite satisfied with the value we received.

2  Thank Jim V
There are newer reviews for Amicas

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family & I have been coming here for years. We have a vacation home in the mountains so we've been coming into this place to eat for over a decade. And frankly, I'm just so over this place. Nothing wrong with the food but, I've never gotten what I call friendly service. We have been here for lunch numerous times, we've been here for dinner numerous times and it's always the same.......every wait person is barely civil and they all act as if they have better things to do than wait on you. Perhaps they'd rather be biking or hiking or painting or something, anything rather than waiting on you. It's a pervasive atmosphere of "you are soooo lucky to be eating here...I'm a local and I am so much better than you because I live here" type of attitude. Never rude, mind you but NEVER open & friendly. Another thing.......this place looks to be so trendy & hip but they have no Wi-fi. OK, I live in Austin & admittedly, I'm spoiled but hey. The 4th Street Diner & Bakery in podunk Saguache has Wi-fi & the river trendy Amica' s doesn't? Aaaaaaaarghhhh. 3 words people. Get. Over. Yourself. Tom Collichio says "people will go for the food but they'll cone back for the service" . So good-bye El-Vicino/Amica' s. Your food & brew' s are good but your service leaves something to be desired . Quite a lot to be desired. Be well. Live on. But ukulele will not darken your doors again.

1  Thank jerrycharlotte
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We absolutely LOVE this place! We have been here several times before on our trips to Colorado and traveled from Colorado Springs to eat here this time (about an hour and a half travel). It is well worth the trip! The wood fired pizza is the best I have ever had. The crust is thin and the pizza is delicious. Did I mention they also serve beer at this micro brewery? There's not much seating here and the wait can be long at peak times - but don't let that discourage you. Salida is a beautiful small town tucked away in the mountains and you can spend all day looking around the little shops. The riverfront is worth a visit if you have the time. Can't say enough good things about Amicas and Salida.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

If in Salida you must stop at Amica's. It is a local favorite and has a brewery as well as great food. It is a must

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The food was great and the atmosphere was cozy and warm. When we travel we like to eat at local places that use fresh and unique ingredients. The menu had many items to chose from. We would definitely eat here again. We were actually on another highway and read the reviews and decided to make a detour to try it out. We ordered 3 12" for the three of us and the adults ate them all.