“Friendly local spot”

Ranked #9 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shallots is a modern American cafe that focuses on quality food and cocktails at a great price. We strive to keep our food and cocktails fresh and interesting, with an emphasis on quality service.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We (4) stopped in for drinks, weren't going to stay for dinner, but our server, (the owner) was so friendly and fun we had dinner there. Food was good, nothing fancy, but we were all happy with our meals. Prices were fair and service was enjoyable.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hubby had whole grain blueberry pancakes and I had the frittata. Both were freshly made and just plain delicious! Made with whole grain and real blueberries! My serving was enough for 2 meals - or more. Orange juice is freshly squeezed and the coffee is from Durango and is also fantastic. One of the best places were eaten while in Salida and will definitely be returning!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Rolling into town late on a Friday evening I was delighted to find Shallots. A welcoming smile, a local beer and some lovingly prepared local produce made for a relaxing and very tasty meal. A relaxed and friendly environment that would suit many an occasion.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Funky historic building houses an amazing array of gastronomy wonders. The friendly, knowledgable staff led us through their menu of unique and creative cuisine while also offering more traditional fare, like the Reuben. My friend chose the steak special, and it was cooked perfectly. I ordered a grilled shrimp salad and an order of little peppers wrapped in bacon and stuffed with blue cheese: Quixotic. Later, my friend and I couldn't bear to just go, so we stayed for a couple signature cocktails and martinis (made perfectly!) at a locally crafted wooden bar.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stopped here on the way to Durango, CO. Excellent menu, very unanticipated find! Am a vegan and was easily accommodated. My dining companion had a most excellent chilli relleno. Would definitely go back if in the area again.

Been to Shallots? Share your experiences!