“I've had good experiences at other locations, but this one SUCKS”
Review of Fiesta Mexicana

Fiesta Mexicana
Ranked #18 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2011

4/3/2011
What the...? I have eaten at the Show Low, AZ location many times and would give it a 4 star rating. This location in my home state was a huge disappointment. I kept telling my friend how good it was, and we were looking forward to eating there on a recent road trip. Might as well been a completely different restaurant. The service was mediocre at best, the server was not very attentive or friendly. Actually had to go ask him for the check even though he was vacuuming right next to our table. The food sucked. Greasy ground beef that was so nasty that by the time I picked up my second taco, the entire shell gave way due to sogginess and everything fell out on my plate. These guys seem to think that cheese is a garnish rather than something meant to give the food any flavor...I hate that. On top of everything, it was very expensive and I felt totally ripped off. I wish I could write the owners and let them know that I really like the Show Low location, but the one in Salida ought to be closed if significant improvements can't be made...but of course there is no web site. Just terrible, don't waste your time and money unless you love bland and greasy food that's expensive.

There are newer reviews for Fiesta Mexicana

Reviewed February 22, 2011

This restaurant is our family's favorite! The atmosphere is warm and inviting and the chairs and tables are delightfully carved and painted. The wood carvings in the back bar area are absolutely stunning. This restaurant also boasts an attractive patio area, weather permitting. The service is beyond excellent and you can always count on having a friendly, attentive waiter. The food is very yummy, served in generous portions and always arrives quickly. This is a very kid-friendly place, as well. In my 9 years of going here, I have NEVER once had even a slightly bad experience! This restaurant can count us being loyal customers for many years to come!

Reviewed January 15, 2011

We went in with a party of 14, service was amazing. The food was average however nice atmosphere.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

My husband and I stopped in for lunch on New Year's Day. The chips were warm and fresh, the salsa tasty, and the guacamole perfectly prepared - neither spicy nor over-processed. The margarita was also perfect - you could taste the tequila, though it was not overpowering, and there was no powdery "mix" after taste. My husband, who is very picky about his Mexican food, had the super enchiladas (chicken) and loved it. He has spent a lot of time in Mexico and said he found the food to be authentic - not Tex-Mex, not mountain-Mex, but true Mexican cuisine. I had the chicken mole, and it was also very good. Juan, our waiter, was friendly and attentive. It was a relaxing place to have lunch, offered high quality food, and we will definitely go back next time we're in the area.

1  Thank SunSurfSki
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The food is not "terrible" as noted in some of the other reviews, but it is certainly nothing above average. This is a chain restaurant with several other locations in New Mexico and Colorado. As such, the main feature is the decor, a fancy menu, and overpriced average food. Mexican food is a bit hard to find in Salida, but there are definitely better places than this.

1  Thank salidacpa

Been to Fiesta Mexicana? Share your experiences!