“Wonderful breakfast, sandwiches and baked goods”

Sweetie's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Salida, Colorado
“Wonderful breakfast, sandwiches and baked goods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place is great. Imaginative dishes, cheery staff, light and bright decor. A few tables on the outside for warm months. All kinds of pastries for your sweet tooth, different every day.

• Visited January 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Mid'morning snack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

All pastries are wonderful - pecan cinnamon roll and lemon bar this time. Next time we'll try something else. Good people.

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Average breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Found this bakery/breakfast place and gave it a try. I had an egg and cheese sandwich on "long bread"(Italian bread) and it was not even toasted. Husband had a breakfast burrito which he didn't like. Pastries looked good but we decided not to purchase any after our poor sandwiches.

• Visited September 2013
Swift Current
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent service, reasonable selection of breads to choose from. Not a large selection of pastries due to small community, but the choices available were very good. The place could use A/C during the summer or at least have fans going. Dining area was warm.

Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“My worst birthday cake ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband took me to Salida for a few days in May as a birthday getaway. He looked up bakeries for Salida from Denver and ordered a cake for me so we could pick it up when we got there. I heard him order it, requesting a chocolate cake with mainly purple flowers and green trim and whatever else the bakery thought would look good on the cake. Well, when we got there on the date, May 1st, my husband thought he and the bakery had agreed on picking up the cake, the baker came out and told us that we were too early and wrong on the agreed date and that the cake wouldn't ready until the day after tomorrow. Well, no big deal, my husband just went back a couple of days later when she said the cake would be ready. When he brought it back to where we were staying, he immediately apologized about the cake's decorations and said it didn't look as pretty as he had hoped. I opened the box and it was the plainest birthday cake I've ever seen. There was just one line of green trim around the upper edge and that was it; no purple, no flowers, nothing else at all. I couldn't help but be a little disappointed, but we laughed and hoped when we ate it, it would make up in taste what it lacked in decorations. Anyway, we were totally destined for utter disappointment on this $20 plus little (about 8 to 10 inch diameter) cake. I love birthday cake and as this was my 50th, I've had a few of them by now. This particular cake was literally the worst cake I've ever had. It tasted like a brown chalky fake dry wax cake. I don't even have a clue how she could have made a cake with such a horrible texture and weird tasting chocolate flavor. She, the baker, would have made me a whole bunch happier if she had just told us that she didn't do birthday cakes, just pastries and breads. Really, it was awful. We would have taken it back but we heading back to Denver the next morning. My husband said just to throw it away, but my mom wanted us to bring it home so that she could try it. Well that was a joke because after one bite, she tossed it in the garbage. Then we had to listen to her go on about how awful it was when we'd already been there and done that. WARNING: DO NOT ORDER A CHOCOLATE BIRTHDAY CAKE FROM THIS PLACE!!!

• Visited May 2013