“Great food and bakery, little lite on atmosphere”

Sweetie's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went here for breakfast and it was great. Had a breakfast burrito with green chili with just the right amount of spice. While I didn't have any of the baked goods it was only because I was so full after the burrito because they looked very good. I wouldn't come here expecting a great atmosphere, the tables and chairs were fairly cheap. Other than that great. Not sure but I suspect the place has changed owners since the 2 star review, but I was only passing through town so I could be wrong.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Now what a baker. Thanks for choosing Salida to open up your bakery. If you want Sarah will bake you a cake or pie, so why buy that stuff at Safeway. Know that they're closed on Sunday, that is the only thing bad about this place...
I do think their scones are wonderful, and love the little doughnut balls that frequent the check out counter.
Lastly, if you enjoy a nice breakfast or sandwich lunch, think about doing that here as well, you'll be happy you did.
Bon Appetite, Salida1048

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The bakery has changed owners and name and there has been a great improvement. Although there is not a great difference in the foods offered; the atmosphere is 100 times better. The staff is friendly; the service is prompt; the food is substantial.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

A top shelf bakery / sandwich shop. Sweatie's breads are simply the best. Same for the cookies and pastries. Yes, the atmosphere is spartan but the young couple that own it and their employees are super and the sandwitches are excellent. My wife and I travel the world and this is as good as you'll find anywhere.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've been a "regular" at this bakery since they opened this past summer. When this young couple came to town and started up the bakery, I was hopeful, because most places I've lived, it's been hard to find a decent, let alone excellent bakery. After my first visit to Sweetie's, I was thrilled, and feel fortunate that this is available not only to us locals, but to tourists who visit Salida, as well. This bakery is magical, and adds class to our town. I love looking over the baked goods upon entering. Usually tough to make a decision, as everything looks inviting. Sarah, Rob & Brandi are always so friendly to everyone. Kind of an old-fashioned feel to Sweetie's that conjures memories of earlier times when bakeries tended to make yummies that tasted as good as what your grandmother whipped up and you felt so at home. Some of my personal favorites are their fresh herb bread loaf (incredible--I can't keep one around for long, as my husband won't leave it alone--makes perfect sandwiches and toasts up like no other), delectable cinnamon rolls of various kinds, hearty chicken salad sandwiches, the Brooklyn Joanie (a very special breakfast bagel with everything yummy on it) and their apple and fresh fruit pastries are out of this world. The croissants are to-die-for, also. I haven't tried everything yet, as there is so much and always something new and wonderful popping up. This is a high quality bakery that you normally wouldn't find in a small town. Really dresses this place up with some unusual and daring confections that just make one's day. Fun to sit outside at one of the tables in front of "Sweetie's", as there are always friendly and enthusiastic people coming and going. I've heard nothing but raves about this bakery around town, and rightfully so. Absolutely top notch and not to be missed.