“Shower Service”
Review of Salida Hot Springs

Salida Hot Springs
Ranked #13 of 56 things to do in Salida
Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I visited with our young adult daughter to use the shower service while we were building our new home.
The showers were clean and spacious however the rubber matting covering the floors was particularly unpleasant and hard.
I wear leg braces on both legs and the staff member was not very understanding about my need to walk in to the shower room, remove my braces and shoes and then use the showers. It seems as though the staff need more training and more common sense in working with folks with different abilities like myself.

3  Thank Lisa M
in 12 reviews
"waking"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed March 25, 2016

Salida is in the middle of the State pof Colorado, and in a dusty portion, as well. The Hot Springs is a welcome refresher and a good place to meet and clean up, and swim a little, in the middle of any vacation! We go every year, at least once, if not twice, during a week to two week camping trip up higher in the mountains! I would recommend the pool, the showers, and the whole thing to everyone. They have a kiddie pool, a couple of whirlpool hot tubs, and a large Olympic size pool. Enjoy, I know you will!

1  Thank WyoLaw53
Reviewed March 20, 2016

After a day on the slopes, our family enjoyed soaking in the Hot Springs!
Nice locker rooms, and they have towel rental ($1 a piece).
We got a discount for showing our lift tickets too!

Reviewed March 12, 2016

We had spent a long day on the road, and were anticipating the hot springs that were conveniently across from our hotel. Our hotel sold us discount passes after checking the websight to make sure what the hours were, supposedly open until 9. We headed across the street to the facility about 6:15. When we entered, they asked if we needed help. We said we were there to use the pools. They said they were closing at 6:30 so that they could have a kayak class. The WHOLE facility was closed so the kayakers could use the lap pool to kayak. Maybe a sign on the door may have helped, Or, if this is a weekly thing, why not post it on the websight? The person folding towels at the front counter was rude about it as well, like we were inconveniencing her. Maybe lock the door?

8  Thank ZanyOArvada
See more reviews
Reviewed March 10, 2016

This place could be, should be, great. Blame the city, who owns it. They had plans over a decade ago for outside pools and other amenities but it never materialized. Its basically a lap pool, a diving board that is never open, and a shallow area for kids. Lifeguards are whistle-happy and will blow their whistle at any toddler breaking into a trot. Not relaxing. Too much chlorine irritates my skin and sinuses.

3  Thank T T