All reviewsyogurt parfaitthe riverno elevatordowntown salidahistoric charmwarm muffinsthird floorwalk in closetmodern amenitiesyour luggagefloor to ceiling windowsorganic coffeelovely parkcharming hotelcontinental breakfastfull kitchenbreakfast delivered
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We just happen to stumble on this hotel as we were downtown. My wife went in to look at the art work as it's a gallery too. She met Fred and his wife, the owners, and after a quick view of the room we knew this was our place for the night. This old building has been beautifully restored and no detail was left out. We had two room suite with small kitchen which was a perfect size for my family of 4. I can't give 6 stars for service and friendliness of the owners but I would if I could. This place is like staying in an old friends home. It's great to be walking distance of the shops and restaurants in such a cute town of Salida. The beds were very comfortable with really nice linens. Slept like a baby as they say. Love the place and we will be back next summer. I may need to book my reservations now as word gets out about the Palace Hotel it will be full all the time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

It was great stayed in the govenors suite it was very nice quiet and well appinted so comfortable, The breakfast was nice, It was quiet with the windows closed the staff was very nice and helpfull we have stayed in slaida many times this is what Salida needed. The only marginl part was parking. it kind of came and went. We had a great time in the city and the room was a great place to go back too.

Room Tip: Get a suite it was what all suiets should be
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I took my daughter and her boyfriend to Salida for a couple nights to relax and unwind. We had heard that the Palace was open so we made our reservations online and were excited to experience this historic hotel. We asked for a late check in and everything went smoothly when we arrived. We were in room 205 which is a two bedroom suite. It was clean, spacious and perfect for our needs except for one thing. I thought it was unusual to have a two bedroom suite that only had seating for three in the living area. It didn't stop us from enjoying the space or the closeness to the river, shops and restaurants. The continental breakfast was served in the main hallway and consisted of yogurt parfaits, muffins and various types of juice. Since each room has a fully stocked kitchen in it, coffee grounds were also provided to use in the coffee maker in each room. We enjoyed our stay here immensely and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room 205 is a two bedroom suite with a dining table w/four chairs, seating for three and a full kitchen. Great for a family or two couples traveling together.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melinda A
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My sisters from Ca. & Tx as well as 4 friends rented 3 rooms for my special birthday party at the nearby historic SteamPlant on the Arkansas Rivier. Each room was stunning. The renovation is so beautiful with each room having its own personality. The bed I had was sooooo comfortable. The special treat was the pastries, yogurt & granola in the am. Couse the best part is the location right by the river. I will stay again!!!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gayle_D_1233562
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Thie renovation of The Palace is perfect! The owners thought of all the details from organic shampoos to recycle containers, luxury bedding and a wonderful continental breakfast. A definite high point of all our travels!

Room Tip: Overlooking the park was wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple