All reviewsyogurt parfaitthe riverno elevatordowntown salidahistoric charmwarm muffinsthird floorwalk in closetmodern amenitiesyour luggagefloor to ceiling windowsorganic coffeelovely parkcharming hotelcontinental breakfastfull kitchenbreakfast delivered
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I took my daughter and her boyfriend to Salida for a couple nights to relax and unwind. We had heard that the Palace was open so we made our reservations online and were excited to experience this historic hotel. We asked for a late check in and everything went smoothly when we arrived. We were in room 205 which is a two bedroom suite. It was clean, spacious and perfect for our needs except for one thing. I thought it was unusual to have a two bedroom suite that only had seating for three in the living area. It didn't stop us from enjoying the space or the closeness to the river, shops and restaurants. The continental breakfast was served in the main hallway and consisted of yogurt parfaits, muffins and various types of juice. Since each room has a fully stocked kitchen in it, coffee grounds were also provided to use in the coffee maker in each room. We enjoyed our stay here immensely and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Room 205 is a two bedroom suite with a dining table w/four chairs, seating for three and a full kitchen. Great for a family or two couples traveling together.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melinda A
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My sisters from Ca. & Tx as well as 4 friends rented 3 rooms for my special birthday party at the nearby historic SteamPlant on the Arkansas Rivier. Each room was stunning. The renovation is so beautiful with each room having its own personality. The bed I had was sooooo comfortable. The special treat was the pastries, yogurt & granola in the am. Couse the best part is the location right by the river. I will stay again!!!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gayle_D_1233562
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Thie renovation of The Palace is perfect! The owners thought of all the details from organic shampoos to recycle containers, luxury bedding and a wonderful continental breakfast. A definite high point of all our travels!

Room Tip: Overlooking the park was wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was our first stay in Salida and at the Palace Hotel. We loved it. The hotel was renovated and has been open for three months post-renovation. Our suite was tastefully decorated with antiques or antique look-alikes. It had a small sitting room, a kitchenette (with stove!), a small bathroom, and a bedroom with a walk-in closet. The bed was very comfortable. As I love small spaces, I thought this was great. The staff is very friendly. There are a lot of nice touches, like the yummy coffee in a jar with the hotel logo on it by the coffee maker, the TV hidden inside a china hutch/media cabinet (I don't like how the TV is the focal point in most hotel rooms!), the journal on the table where you can record your thoughts about your stay, the thoughtful breakfast offerings on the buffet in the hallway (yogurt parfaits, apples, baked goods, OJ, and milk), and the staff's efforts to be green. They don't use those little travel-sized toiletries. They do have full-sized shampoo and conditioner you can request, but if you are a lotion addict like I am, you'd better bring your own--they don't have any. A great place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights around the 4th of July and couldn't be happier with the choice.

The room we had 302 overlooked the park with floor to ceiling windows and European / western charm. Super comfy bed, sitting room, kitchen, walk in closet, 10' ceiling... Wow

You need to see it to understand.

The owner and staff were extrely nice and we wish we could have stayed longer but our next cycling trip to CO will be based around Salida and the Palace hotel. They have secure bike storage in te back of hotel normally due to the $ of our bikes we would not stay in a hotel that didn't allow them in the rooms but one look at the rooms and you'll understand why. Without sounding staged " This place is amazing "

I think their website is up as this is newly renovated so we had no idea what a gem this would turn out to be.

Thank you and see you again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012