“Great Menue and Craft Beers Too!”
Review of Currents

Currents
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We Travel to Salida CO. several times a year to visit family, one stop for us is always at Currents in the old downtown on F Street, the menu is excellent with choices from "The Burger of the Day" to full blown specials, I never order fried chicken in a restaurant like this for fear of it being undercooked, not the case at Currents as this is the second time that I have ordered it and it was done just as well this time as the 1st. excellent again!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

My dad and I went to this local joint for lunch on a monday- seeing as its a bar, it was empty, but the food was great! we ate the fish and chips and chicken steak.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

After spending the morning exploring the ghost town of Saint Elmo, my wife and I were ready for a casual lunch when we returned to Salida. We spotted the Currents sign and decided to try it for lunch. The World Cup championship game was starting, so all tables and bar seats filled quickly. My wife ordered a hamburger with French fries and I had a pastrami sandwich with a cup of green chile soup. The burger plate was very good. The pastrami was average, but the chile soup was excellent. With a packed crowd of cheering and groaning soccer fans watching the game, the two servers did a commendable job of getting out the food. Our casual lunches were quite acceptable.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Thinking the night we had dinner there, the help wasn't happy to be there. The bar tender never smiled, just shuffled around and never smiled. We also noticed him doing shots with a customer. This sign says steak and seafood. The only seafood was fish and chips-there were out of the daily special seafood and it was early at dinner time. I don't think 2 items on the menu constitutes a seafood restaurant. They also only had a couple of steak choices as well. The homemade tarter sauce was really good. Our waiter couldn't remember what we ordered-including drinks. They also need to update menus. Most of the beers on the menu weren't available. Doubt we'll be back.

2  Thank Doreen L
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We both chose the capellini with mussells, shrimp & scallops in the lightest cream sauce that was just right! What a good choice. The dish (we ordered 2 half-orders) was more than ample...a whole order would have been perhaps too much. In any case, I would recommend their seaffod as the preparation was extremely well done. the brew to go with this choice was Karma...brewed in Boulder, CO. An all around great place to dine. Cheers!