“Ghost experience in the restroom. So cool!!”
Review of Currents

Currents
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Let me start with the food and service. I was walking around town looking for a place for my group to eat. Decided on Currents based on the menu and the initial welcome of the staff. While I waited for my group to arrive I enjoyed a glass of wine and some dip. For lunch, I had the Bangers and Mash. The brat was Elk and very tasty. I especially enjoyed the fresh veggies that were also on my plate. Everyone else enjoyed their meal and the staff was attentive and friendly. The real excitement was while getting ready to leave. I needed to use the restroom ( which is very clean btw) and set my wallet and shopping bag on a chair in the room. Next thing I see is my wallet getting pulled from under the bag and on to the floor. Jokingly, I say out loud ' Oh, there must be a ghost here. I don't believe in ghosts so if there is one here prove it.' Suddenly, my plastic shopping bag starts jumping across the chair. It was so unbelievable and totally cool and freaky. I was never scared nor felt in danger and did all the checks for vents and weird angles etc, before hauling my butt out of there. Before this meal I did not believe in ghosts, but I am now a believer. So much fun.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ribeye was very good, however they had no baked potatoes option on a Sunday night. No side salad or bread offered.

1  Thank Colo_Guy_13
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I were referred to Currents while recently attending a private afternoon event in Salida. We strolled the streets of their historic downtown and were able to be seated around 6:30 Saturday evening. The wine and beer lists were extensive and the food choices were so varied we had a tough time making a decision. When our food was served we demolished our meals and had room to share dessert, also totally tasty. We selected a fine port to accompany our Strawberry Shortcake after being generously offered a taste of two to help us choose. We can't wait to go back and try more food, beer and wine and see our sever Anton who was so very helpful .

1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I tried this restaurant with a few while in town for a visit. I really enjoyed it. The restaurant offers some unique items as well as its regular menu which offers many choices even if you have picky eaters. We tried the muscles, frog legs and tuna appetizers. All were well prepared and flavorful. I ordered the NY steak which was excellent. The restaurant offers many good wine choices and bottles are a good value for restaurant pricing. Service was fairly good. They restaurant was very busy so food was a little delayed but came out hot and well prepared. A must if your in Salida.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

After spending a nice, relaxing time at the Valley View Hot Springs, we were looking for a restaurant that would still be lively and serve delicious food after 8 PM. To our grateful surprise, we found an excellent choice at Currents in the downtown area.
I had the venison with a sweet cherry reduction and my friend had a sirloin steak. Both were delicious and we shared some to prove who had the better choice. We each considered ours the best, a nice way to honor one's own palate. We chose red wines to accompany the meal and they were suitably flavorful.
The owner, Chris Tracy, stopped by our table. Since this is a popular place for locals, he guessed we were out-of-townies. We talked about trends in food presentations, The wait staff was eager to please and completed an evening meal that was relaxed and sumptuous.