“A Good Choice”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Morrison, Colorado
“A Good Choice”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The lines were too long for our 7 year old at our other Salida favorites, so we were looking at the Currents menu when some other folks going in the door said it was great. They were right. My wife and I split the smoked salmon salad and a special of cajun sea bass. Both were very tasty. It was nice to have a special that actually seemed special. Too many times you get one that was the chef's way of cleaning out the fridge. Not the case at Currents. Very nice beer selection - regular and seasonals. Our son had the kids fish and chips - nothing special, but good food for a good price. Prices for adult food and drinks was also reasonable. Turns out Chris the owner was our server - wouldn't have guessed that until he mentioned it, but he was a good server. Anything wrong with the place? Not really. Why not an "excellent" then - well, that's pretty hard to get from me. One gripe that is true at 95% of the places I bring my kids - no vegetables with the kids plates. No problem though, the dinner-sized salmon salad was big enough for the boy to get his share too. And he was diggin' on it. We have definitely added Currents to our short list of go-to places in Salida.

1 Thank 228matts

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Currents in Salida has great food, beer, and service!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I simply LOVE Currents! This place has awesome food, especially the burgers (they're served on pretzel buns... Don't think, just eat. They're the best I've had in COL). The beer selection is great, with a number of rotating taps... And the staff is phenomenal! Seriously, these guys and gals are great. The last time I had been by was January, four months ago mind you, and the owner remembered every detail of our last talk- real nice guy. I will always stop by when I'm passing through Salida, and you really should check it out!!

1 Thank PhillybirdAlex
Hartsel, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Time”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Looked on Tripadvisor for restaurants in Salida, CO and this one was rated very high and they were all correct. We had the Barramundi and Cappellini Pescatore and both were excellent. We also shared the Tempura Shrimp, Fried Calamari and French Onion Soup. The first two were outstanding and cooked just right, the soup was good but we have had better. The wait staff were just what you want in a server; informative, friendly and not overbearing to keep bothering you about the meal just there when you want them to be. The price was very reasonable for the quanity and quality of the food. We will most definitely go back and take friends and family. Very casual, bar atmosphere but not loud.

1 Thank RZR850
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to this restaurant after seeing the review on tripadvisor. It was great food. I didn't realize until we got there that it is a seafood restaurant, however, there were enough other choices that it really didn't matter. The food is just a little different that makes it really tasty. The french onion soup is fantastic. Only complaint is that my daughter ordered breaded chicken fingers, and she didn't like them because they tasted and smelled like fish. My guess is they use the same breading that they bread their fish in, definatley smelled fishy. Didn't impact my review however.

1 Thank Kris J
Colorado Springs
“A gem in the mountains”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Where do I begin.... After a long day at Monarch, wanted to eat dinner with family. I came across the review of this restaurant on tripadvisor so we decided to give it a try. Wow! Food- superb (even the orzo was correct). Service- incredible (honestly, ive not experienced this level of service outside a big city). Price- very fair. Ambiance- what youd expect at a high end restaurant, not a bar/grill: EXCEPTIONAL. On the Tuesday we were here, there was a fabulous 12 string guitar/mandolin player. I cant rate the place highly enough- THE BEST in Salida by a LONG shot.

1 Thank thechangingtimes