“Front staff need training”

Quincys Steak & Spirits
Ranked #17 of 59 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I got there about 7:30 on a Sunday night. There were a few people waiting, no problem. I waited outside. The woman handling the waiting list told me she had a chair at the bar for me, told her I wanted a table. There were empty tables in plain view but had to wait outside for en minutes after the other people who were waiting had been seated, and was eventually given one of the tables that had been empty all along. Waited ten minutes for a wait staff person. I understand the concept of a limited menu restaurant, but this is supposed to help the speed of delivery, but still waiting another half hour for the food. I can't accept the fact that they can't offer more than one salad dressing. I did not like what they called their house dressing. The steak was above average, not great, and was crispy with a highly over-salted marinade or some such on it. I don't think I will go back, it seems like this very dimly lit restaurant is managed by a person who knows best what we will eat. C'mon! Give a choice on salad dressing! Get something more than 25 watt bulbs in those fixtures. Train those young ladies, they clearly needed supervision.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a restaurant that serves only a selected item throughout the week. It is meant to be a restaurant like it was back in the good old days. Yes the atmosphere is darker, it suppose to replicate old fashioned restaurants. The meal comes with a salad with house dressing; no you're not going to get a choice of having blue cheese, or ranch, or vinaigrette, etc. one dressing, you don't like it go buy some of that cheap, flavorless food at McDonald. With you main course you'll get you're steak, cooked how you ordered it and full of flavor, with a baked potato, a slice of french bread, and some au ju. As this restaurant is suppose to replicate old fashioned restaurant your bread won't be toasted, it's perfect the way it is. The baked potato is delicious! It can come with butter and sour cream which takes the potato over the top. To drink with your meal you can choose to ordered a pop, a drink, or some water (the water taste super good, none of the crap flavor you get downstream or in big cities). All the drinks are well priced. The thing about this restaurant is that you should treat the staff how they should be, don't be a hateful person, treat them with respect! Every time i have eaten at Quincy's i have had a delicious meal and the staff is quick and very nice, maybe it's because i'm such a nice person. Also to let everyone know, the staff will ask you if you know their menu, this is to let you know that they only have what they have, nothing else, which is the best way to let you know. This is one of the best restaurants I've ever been too. If you want cheap stakes that come with poor service and are filled with flavor enhancers, go to some big chain steakhouse. You won't fins a better place than Quincy's. If you want a choice of what you get go some where else. This restaurant shows you how restaurant actually where in the beginning. The restroom are very small, but the service is so quick you shouldn't really need to go, go before you get there! Also just a tip to everyone, a bad experience isn't caused by the place they go to, it's caused by the person who goes there.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The price is right $8.95 for 6 oz steak, large baked potato and dinner salad. This was recommended to us as the best place to eat in Salida. My steak was cooked medium well wrapped in bacon. It was tough and poor flavor. My husband's was medium rare and a little better but tough also. My son got a 12 oz. steak medium rare and liked his. Grandson got a veggie plate and it was only baked potato and salad. I thought this would be a good restaurant for a handicapped person because the entrance has a nice wide ramp and handrails. Well the restroom was in no way for a handicapped person. No rails, and two tiny stalls and those very old fashioned toilets very low on the floor. In fact, I could not even use the restroom. We also had a long wait to get our bill. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved the delicious Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon, baked potato and salad with homemade dressing. The price of $11.95 for a 9 oz. meal was also great. The drink prices were also a great deal and our hostess and servers were friendly and very informative about river rafting in Colorado. They could use a little more lighting in there, but willing to overlook because the food is so good! Thank you!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoyed a fillet mignon at a wonderful price and superb atmosphere. This restaurant was recommended by our hotel staff. We were only in Salida for 2 days otherwise we would have eaten "one more time" at what we considers a GREAT restaurant!!!