“disappointed in highly recommended restaurant”

Quincys Steak & Spirits
Ranked #16 of 62 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
College Station, Texas
“disappointed in highly recommended restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The price is right $8.95 for 6 oz steak, large baked potato and dinner salad. This was recommended to us as the best place to eat in Salida. My steak was cooked medium well wrapped in bacon. It was tough and poor flavor. My husband's was medium rare and a little better but tough also. My son got a 12 oz. steak medium rare and liked his. Grandson got a veggie plate and it was only baked potato and salad. I thought this would be a good restaurant for a handicapped person because the entrance has a nice wide ramp and handrails. Well the restroom was in no way for a handicapped person. No rails, and two tiny stalls and those very old fashioned toilets very low on the floor. In fact, I could not even use the restroom. We also had a long wait to get our bill. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Filet Mignon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved the delicious Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon, baked potato and salad with homemade dressing. The price of $11.95 for a 9 oz. meal was also great. The drink prices were also a great deal and our hostess and servers were friendly and very informative about river rafting in Colorado. They could use a little more lighting in there, but willing to overlook because the food is so good! Thank you!

Visited July 2013
Valdese, North Carolina
“Salida Colorado's BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoyed a fillet mignon at a wonderful price and superb atmosphere. This restaurant was recommended by our hotel staff. We were only in Salida for 2 days otherwise we would have eaten "one more time" at what we considers a GREAT restaurant!!!

• Visited July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Good place for meat lovers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Simple menu and good food...a great place to eat before a day in the mountains. The steaks were cooked to perfection!

Visited July 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Prime Rib Night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

What attracted me was the sign Prime Rib $10.95. That's worth a stop to this steakhouse.
The waitress, Donna, was great! She quickly explained the Prime Rib sizes (I took the 20 ounce) the trimmings and moments later I had the plate in front of me.
Great value for the prime rib.
The restaurant was very busy (Friday night) and I appreciate the service to a solo traveler.

• Visited July 2013