“Fantastic food at fantastic prices. Great service.”
Review of The Fritz

The Fritz
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food at fantastic prices. Great service.”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The burgers at this place are ridiculous. Among the best burgers I have experienced in a 30 year life of diverse burger tasting. The service was great. Great deserts. I'm lucky I stumbled across it.

1 Thank Uername

VILLA GROVE
“A waste of our time”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Tonight was our first trip to The Fritz and I doubt we'll go back again. Upon entering we were greeted, barely, but left to stand by the door for several minutes. We weren't sure if we were supposed to seat ourselves or wait to be seated as no one had actually said anything to us nor was a sign of any sort posted. This was discomforting to say the least. We were seated at a tiny table in an overcrowed atmosphere only inches away from other tiny tables on either side of us. My husband ordered a white zinfandel and was served a merlot. We were given a menu with a list of blase choices. Macaroni and cheese? C'mon! Surely we aren't at Chucky Cheese. To be fair, I am a vegetarian so none of the meat choices were an option for me. I hope The Fritz chef will understand that vegetarians do like a little more variety than quinoa or a salad. Oh, I forgot to mention there was a hummus and toast option. A quick trip to Safeway and we could have garnered the same. Again, a very underwhleming menu. Quite disappointing. We told our waiter, a frazzled looking fellow wearing a baseball cap (just another sign of class) that we would just be having our drinks and forgo dinner. All the while the music was blaring so loudly we couldn't have decent conversation. We even had to repeat ourselves to the baseball cap clad waiter several times before he got the wine order wrong. At this point we just wanted our bill so we could pay for our drinks and leave. It took several attempts to get the waiters attention. One would think, after handing back menus without ordering food and informing the waiter that we would just be having our drinks and leaving that he could at least have brought the bill to us in a timely manner.

I doubt we would ever return. Just another typical artsy fartsy place with no real substance.

• Visited February 2011
5 Thank LocksLodge
Fort Collins, Colorado
“The Fritz is definitely the best food and atmosphere in Salida”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

There were so many interesting items on the menu we found it hard to decide. We ordered several small plates and each one was unique, well presented and just plain good. The chef, Grant Prill presents a wonderful, healthy menu using local ingredients which changes frequently. The staff was friendly and the whole place had a vibrant atmosphere. If you haven't been to the Fritz then you haven't been to Salida.

• Visited January 2011
Silver City, New Mexico
“Just eat here!”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

This was our second trip to Salida and have found good dining places in abundance but The Fritz is far and away the best in town. The small plates are a wonderful way to satisfy your appetites without getting stuffed and also a great value. Food was fantastic, service could have been a bit more prompt but would visit again without a doubt. If you like mac n' cheese you'll love this one!

• Visited January 2011
Dillon, Colorado
“best steak fritz outside France”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

we loved the atmosphere in this place, my Husband LOVED his burger and my steak fritz was a clever play on the this French dish. Hollandaise sauce was to die for! We'll definitely go back next time we're in Salida.

Visited January 2011