“Great food, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fritz

The Fritz
Ranked #8 of 62 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin,TX
“Great food, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Although the menu is somewhat limited, all of the selections are very tasty. The inside is fairly small but there is a sizeable patio where dogs are allowed. The service was a little slow considering we ate a late lunch on a rainy day and we were the only people outside (there was one other group finishing up inside). The location is right near the river and across from the public park (where dogs AREN'T allowed which I find very odd about Salida so keep that in mind when visiting!) I will definitely go back to this place when in town. In particular check out the veggie sandwich, burger (with the sweet potato fries), chicken with brie sandwich and the salad with quinoa (yummy!)

• Visited August 2014

Houston, Texas
“Magnificent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This place was a perfect end to a 2 day extreme rafting trip on Royal Gorge and Numbers. We rafted in 1900cfs and were exhausted! We were seated outside right away. It's a good relaxed area across the street from the rec center. The atmosphere is relaxed but lively with good bubbly conversation around you. The service is good and friendly. The food was tasty! I had a gourmet burger with incredible sweet potato fries. I will definitely go there again!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TracyMoAdventures
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent sandwiches and salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We are a late lunch at The Fritz and enjoyed ourselves. The lunch menu was simple, but hearty. I especially liked the prosciutto and pear sandwich. My side of sweet potato fries "sweets" was great! Our server was helpful and the interior is rustic and artsy. We come here every time we're in town.

Miami, Florida
“Love the menu. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here because of the tapas style menu. We sat at the bar and had a great dinner. I had the prosciutto sandwich which was great. My son had the burger. It was served rare and he was not asked how he wanted it cooked. Probably just am oversight as they were busy and people were waiting. I would recommend this spot and would certainly eat here again.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good dinner on the patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Salida’s summer brew fest and annual art festival had attracted big crowds that filled restaurants over the weekend. By Sunday evening, the town was much quieter as we looked for a place to have dinner. The Fritz appeared fairly busy, but much calmer than during the two previous days. The inside dining area and bar had a fair number of customers. My wife and I took a patio table on this warm night. The staff was friendly and energetic, even after what must have been a hectic weekend. My wife had a delectable braised pork small plate, which was actually reasonably large. My small plate of three bacon-wrapped gorgonzola dates and a small plate of sautéed spinach, garlic and shallots were both quite good. The dates had such a nice mix of flavors that I wished there had been more than three. The Fritz was a good dinner choice.

• Visited July 2014