“Perfect place to stop”

The Fritz
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Salida
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alexandria, Virginia
“Perfect place to stop”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We now have found our "go to" resturant when driving throufh Salida. Friendly staff and the typical bar food was a step up with gourmet sandwiches.

Visited September 2013

Indianapolis
“Cozy Main Street Fare”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

After walking around downtown Salida on a perfect Autumn afternoon, my husband and I popped into The Fritz for a light dinner before heading back to the cabin we rented for the weekend. The place was packed; only two tables were available. But this was a terrific find. Service staff was very friendly and even helped us pick two small plates from the somewhat-fancy lineup of fare. We shared gourmet Mac & Cheese (possibly the best we'd ever tasted) and Braised Pork with Carmelized Onions. Yum! Local beers on tap. Great little place.

NJ
“Only place open”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We intended to go to another restaurant at the recommendation of a person at our hotel and they were closing for the night. They suggested the Fritz so off we went.
We sat at the bar and were able to order both food and drink. Menu has a nice selection of small plates so we thought we would go that route. Food was very good and the portions were good.
Good beer and wine selection. Crowd was lively and not loud. Seems like a place for the locals to gather and enjoy a night out.
Comfortable atmosphere and a friendly bartender.
Glad the other spot was closed. This was a good find.

Visited October 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Just "okay"”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant based on recommendations from others who had visited in the past. While the experience was not terrible, I would not return for another meal. The burger selection is apparently different each day. Since the "fancy" topping was not something I wanted to eat, I asked could I simply get a cheeseburger. I was told that they would take the topping off, but would not "add" anything- not even a slice of cheese. That said, I ordered the macaroni and cheese tapas dish, which came out very runny/milky with little cheese. After delivering our food, our waiter was nearly nonexistent.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank travelinNuts
Denver, Colorado
“Great Lunch in Salida”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We arrived for a late lunch - and I was so impressed by their sandwich choices and their "simple" salad - which had blue cheese chucks, apple, etc. - so it was anything but simple! I would return again, given the chance. The bartender waited on us and was very charming.

• Visited October 2013