“Friendly, fun and excellent coffee!”
Review of Cafe Dawn

Cafe Dawn
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Salida
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: CAFE DAWN is committed to offering a great cup of coffee and fast, friendly service. We proudly serve Allegro Organic, Fair Trade espresso, coffee and loose tea, along with delicious and locally-made baked goods, frittatas and egg sandwiches. Established in 2008, CAFE DAWN has been voted BEST coffee shop by the community every year.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a retro style building in downtown with indoor and outdoor seating. The coffee is divine and the servers are excellent. They have a small menu of breakfast and lunch items. They also serve local wines and beers.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This place has the best coffee downtown and is always filled with friendly folks who make you feel like a native. The menu includes some breakfast variety pastries but I stick to the coffee.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

As an early riser, I appreciate the 6 am opening. Fresh pastries and a good, rich espresso are appreciated. A block off the main street, it has the comfortable, friendly atmosphere that a coffee shop that draws a lot of locals tends to have.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I think this building is the perfect place for a coffee shop. It is retro, it's garage doors open to the outside, and the patio is fun to sit in and full of locals. On top of that, the coffee is delicious. My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful morning sitting in the sun and drinking coffee there on our first morning in Salida on vacation. The only downside I had was the service, the two people working behind the counter seemed a little short with us and not willing to answer questions about the drinks. However, my parents had gone earlier in the day and said that the service was amazing and friendly, and they couldn't believe we had a different experience. So I guess it all depends on who is working at the time. After visiting all of the coffee shops in Salida though, I would call this one the best based on the location and the quality of the coffee.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Opens early, and a big gathering place for coffee and tea. Good sandwiches, salads, and paninis. Inexpensive, too!

Been to Cafe Dawn? Share your experiences!