“Laid back and informative”

Mountain Spirit Winery
Ranked #21 of 56 things to do in Salida
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family-owned and operated boutique winery nestled in the high country of Colorado's Upper Arkansas Valley. Five acres of farmland, replete with apple orchards and an old homestead house, surrounded by 14,000-foot mountain vistas establish the ambience for creating Mountain Spirit premium wines, many of which are available nowhere else in the world.Garnering more than 50 national and international awards for their wines, winemaker Andrew Ritchie and owners, Terry and Michael Barkett bring educational backgrounds of clinical medicine, laboratory technology and computer science to the winemaker's art. We continue to push the limits of exploring new blends, while maintaining the traditional historic high standards inherent to the gentle art of winemaking.
Reviewed November 24, 2015

We had a great time and interesting wines. We bought a couple of bottles to take home with us. I forget the man's name that helped us, but he had actually lived in our hometown (Hattiesburg, MS) at one point. He was a great host!

Reviewed October 2, 2015

My husband and I were driving around one day and happened upon this winery. It is small, but has been in business for several years. We liked it so much that we brought our friends the next day. The gentleman there gave us tastes of all the wines. We purchased the Apple Ice wine and the Merlot/Raspberry wine. Our friends also really liked the wines.

Reviewed September 11, 2015

We have stopped at the Twisted Cork in Salida (their other store) and have purchased their wine before and loved it, so on this trip, we decided to stop at the winery since we were coming from the other direction on Hwy 50. I'm not sure there was anything to tour, and a tour was not offered to us, but that's okay because I have had their wine before and really just wanted to purchase. He was very helpful and I tasted a couple I had not tasted before. All in all, I really love their wines no matter which of their locations from which I purchase. They are original (to me anyway) and delicious. When in that part of the state, I am always sure to stop and purchase. I am by no means a wine expert, but I truly love their wine. I highly recommend their wines and have frequently used the wines as gifts.

Reviewed August 12, 2015

Had to be able to bring home their wine, so we drove to Salida on our annual trip! Especially like the Angel's Blush and Sophie's White!